new TRIF recitaL program

I don’t understand the sound part at all. To my ears it’s completely flat, in a single timbre, and unlike VH I have yet to hear him play either a proper fortissimo or a far reaching pianissimo. But he does have other qualities - as he amply demonstrates here. I wonder if this isn’t the best playing I have ever heard from him. I’m 40 minutes in, and this has been both riveting and mesmerizing. Too bad I’ll soon have to abort him.

tru, he gets better every year.

This shall have to be it for tonight for me, but - gosh! This was quite a way to end the day on. I even have to concede he did play a fortissimo in the end (in the Rach vars). Thanks for the heads up about this.

rezpek!

tru, his Liszt Etudes at da Carnegie were alzo quite wikid.

The Mompou variations are good music, does anyone else play this?
I have to admit I’ve never really explored Mompou except for what Volodos plays (and even then didn’t listen to this Mompou disc).

I thought so too. I had never heard them before. My familiarity with Mompou comes almost exclusively from de Larrocha. She often used to encore a Song & Dance and similar, which were always magical…

It’s a coherent program and I love the Mompou (based on Op. 28/7). But he could have added the Busoni Chopin variations, it’s a fun piece!

Da BUZ Chopin vars are a bit WTF.

I prefer da RACH

The Mompou disc is definitely worth a listen.
You can find the composer playing his entire piano output as well, both on spotify and youtube (I think) and I find it very worthwhile.

Rezpec, I will check these out over the weekend.

Gulyak surely has the best sound of those five?

They all sound fuckin great.

Grynyuk has da wild spirit :ho: :rectum: :ziff:

Mndoyants was elegant as hell but lacked COCK
Kozukin pozz was da most finished artistically :rock: