Rach 4

Yes, definitely me too! It’s such an iconic passage that something feels strikingly missing when it’s done this way. What she does is to play the original 1875 version of the concerto, where the chords are rolled.

I usually arpeggiate the thirds in the 25-6 8)

Very funny, dude! LOL!

The original uncut version of the Rach 4 has become my favorite. As much as I love Mickey’s recording, it’s hard to hear any chopped up version now. There are recordings by Ghindin and Sudbin, that’s all I am aware of. I think Berezovsky has played it too. There is also the recording of the intermediate version by Black, but it’s also still heavily cut compared to the original version.

It’s all about the cadenza. I think Kissin’s early performance of the Second is my favorite, though Toradze is a favorite too for a very different interpretation.

I will have to go back to Sudbin’s rec, I’m much more used to the revised version.

I really dont like Toradzes interpretation at all. Its warped and so different from pretty much anything Prokofiev indicated. He does some really odd things which make it sound a bit incoherent to my ears

Fourth movement cadenza is wikid too.
I didn’t like Kissin’s very much, assuming it’s the one with Ashkenazy.