SS Etudes 111 - amateur hand torture (nsfw)

Fats mofo, how long you studied da 88 as a mini mofo?

That Chop comp video is delightful. And really light. Just wow.

I consider that to be the hardest and most elusive Etude, at least for moi.

2 Likes

Where does 10/2 rank? And I mean, a good perf, not just playability.

Not long actually. I started late like 12 / 13 and studied til 18 / 19

Hands didnā€™t give me a lot of trouble but everything else a bit below average. Loooove music tho!!! Obviously

1 Like

With me it was 11-16, and I think I took it seriously for 2 of those years. Last piece I learned was the Chop Nocturne in C-sharp minor, posthum. Everything was okay except for the runs, which I could not figure out how to distribute among the 4 notes in muh left hand. I have better rhythm now and could probably handle it.

I am trying to learn Zartā€™s K. 331 1st movement. Not too bad through the first 3 vars.

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to do rankings but Iā€™d say the hardest etudes are (in no particular order)

op 10: 1, 2, 4, 7
op 25: 6, 8, 10, 11

Another elusive rapist is the Op 25 No 4.

Iā€™d also add sum of the Chopin Preludes into a similar category of wtf bitchiness. A few seconds in and you already made a giant mess.

I want to get a teacher, so I could get some one on one guidance. If I could get to the level that I could play Schubertā€™s Impromptus and Beethovenā€™s easier to moderate Zons adequately, Iā€™d be a happy camper.

1 Like

Randomly the 3rd prelude fuck up a lot of peniz

2 Likes

Yes. Preludes 3, 8, 12, 16 and 19 are gang banging anal rapists.

Oddly, one of my favorite pastimes is to try the first measures of difficult pieces and then abandon them. I played around with the first up and down run in 10/2 and it was relatively comfortable considering my abilities and the 20 minutes I spent on those few measures.

2 Likes

Something I (and my mom who has perfect pitch) noticed is that without working on it, listening to classical music for hours and hours over the last 15-17 years has improved my pitch and sense of rhythm. Weird.

1 Like

Yeah I was getting that one in shape at some point, itā€™s risky but cool.

1 Like

If Iā€™m real strict and want everything sounding just right even the bach inventions a stretch for my lazy self.

1 Like

Haha what do you mean, ā€œevenā€. Nothing gets covered up in Bach, itā€™s some exposed balls stuff. Yeahā€¦

1 Like

Polyphonic playing is a total different beast. For some reason, my teacher never gave me any strictly polyphonic sheeyat (at least not that I remember). And I donā€™t even fool around with dat sheeyat. Itā€™s a mind fuck. Though, I know that Iā€™d improve exponentially if I could perfect one of em inventions.

1 Like

Yeah da Trumomma tortured mini TRUMOFO with endless Bach Preludes and fugues until like age 14.

2 Likes

TMomma knew what she was doing.

1 Like

Randomly more Moszkowski etudes are worth raping, bruh @ElGordito

1 Like

Yeah she learned and performed da Rach Corelli mind fuck in 4 days.

1 Like

Which of the Shosty Fugues is not too difficult? I remember my teacher wanted to assign one but I guess I stopped before that happened.

1 Like