The best composers of da VARIATION form?

I think :nigga: is the winner here

Followed by Rachmaninov, Brahms, and Bach, then Schumann, Reger, and perhaps Schubert.

1 Like

Oddly enough, my fave variation form work is by da :kan: :wink:

3 Likes

I think Brahms’ are the most substantial, along with Beethoven. Brahms-Handel is the gold standard, IMO.

Oddly enough, I’ve always hated Festin d’esope.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Yeah, Brahms a good nomination.

Bezt Zolo varz - Fiztah :kan:

Bezt 88 wiz orch varz - TOT :pimp:

Honourable mention - GODO puffpuffpazz

2 Likes

Actually cummah to think ov it I wud bazically da ‘objective’ bezt varz evah iz da Bach Chac in D minah

Johannes Brahms, in a letter to Clara Schumann in June 1877, said about the ciaccona:

On one stave, for a small instrument, the man writes a whole world of the deepest thoughts and most powerful feelings. If I imagined that I could have created, even conceived the piece, I am quite certain that the excess of excitement and earth-shattering experience would have driven me out of my mind

1 Like

Ahahahahah

Da fuck? :sunglasses:

1 Like

tru I watched this earlier so am throwing it in as a long-shot winner - Ukranian composer Isaak Berkovich

1 Like

Rezpek da Brahmz total lack of sensitivity mailing da Clara to muse on da pozzibility of him lozing his mind :dong:

1 Like

Tru this is just an old way of telling her he’s ready to bone her

On one stave (my prick), for a small instrument (yo teeny box), the man (moi) writes a whole world of the deepest thoughts and most powerful feelings (multiple orgasms cummah). If I imagined that I could have created, even conceived the piece (warning I may inadvertently impregnate you), I am quite certain that the excess of excitement (possible premature ejac) and earth-shattering experience (BDSM) would have driven me out of my mind (honestly I’m still a virgin)

4 Likes

Beethoven & Brahms
Followed by Bach, Mozart, Schumann, Schubert & Fauré

1 Like

How many workz in da form did he cumpoze?

I only know da op73

1 Like

rzewski hahahaha

5 Likes

I think perhapz da bezt way to take diz topic iz to cunzidah which compozaz excelled in variation form ezpecially.

I mean Brahmz excelled in it, but he wuz juz a mofo in all formz, zame wiz Beethoven.

Czerny iz a great example, hiz original workz can zumtymz be good but hiz knowledge ov da variety ov texturez techniquez and effectz made hiz workz in variation form perhapz hiz greatezt azzet.

1 Like

Da :prick: PC 3 second movement variationz is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I ztand by Chop’z op2 az an outztandingly prodigouz variation piece.

Da piano writing in dat work iz zo refined and colourful.

Makez u wizh he wrote a mature work in da form.

I haven’t read the thread… But unless it’s been mentioned already I’m encouraged to see Brahms mentioned so often since I think it’s one thing to line up neat variations in a row, and something more to do so in a way which is so organic that you barely notice you’re listening to a variation cycle. I think Brahms was a master of this.

3 Likes

Tru tiz gud to zee da BRA gettin zo much

Zupport :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah da opus 73 is a masterpiece, and elaborate variations can sometimes be found in his some of his other piano pieces (I recall a Barcarolle, Valse-Caprice…), tiz a bit part of his style, so maybe I should have mentioned Chopin (The Berceuse also consists of vars.) and Mendelssohn as well…

2 Likes