Today is the 100th birthday of György Cziffra! :zif:

pozzibly da time travelah MART cap

Wiz many anglz

Tru datz a pretty wikid angle

He got a sculpture of a sheet?

da :whale: himzelf payz tribute

1 Like

hahaha mannnnnnnnnn while lookin to zee if a WEIZZMEIZTAH BARC exizt tha tube firzt rezult wuz a ZIFF BARC which i had no clue he playd

tha zound iz very quiet but tha TRU highlight of thiz video iz tha ZIFF zon in tha background lookin lyk a mafia DON :smoking: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Also, check out da Moiseiwitsch Barcarolle (1939 and the 1941 remake in better sound). A few things I find off-putting but overall a really successful Bark-n-roll.

Cortot too, to some extent.

1 Like

why is the bacarolle legendary?

It seem kind of meandering to me but I dun know shit

is it cuz its hard to hold together?

Most performances don’t really hold it together tru but it is far better structured than Chopin’s Polonaise Fant, Fant Op 49 and even Da first movement of da Son 3.

I’m not a die-hard Chop fan but consider Da ball 1 n Barcarolle, along with Zon 2, to be immaculate.

1 Like

Nice ardickle here, rezpek

2 Likes

Does he play with singing legato?

And soaring lines! And a burnished tone, no doubt.

1 Like

That guy is such a dork (even compared to 88 geeks like us).

Yeah he does not know shit from fuck. If it ain’t got the hiss, it ain’t worth piss

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m learning a lot about the psychoacoustics of hiss. It’s fascinating. The higher freq energy can’t really be localized to a small band by your ear so your brain just puts them where it needs them and you perceive it as a richer tonality on the well perceived lower tones.

1 Like

yeah and it works better den any noise-filtering can

a lot of digial mastering finishes with what they call saturation which is where they add different flavored noise in. turns out they pull that from old analog equipment. Da abbey road actually branded their noise and sell it as a plugin.

1 Like

yeah plus dithering from high-bit rate masters down to standard 44.1 always introduce noise by design.

I will experiment with this intentional distortion in my transfer vantiy thread. Stay tuned.

1 Like

ok daddy