Van Cliburn Competition 2009

hahaha tryin to out-genzui da :brotha: deafnezz

you mean at LPT?

hahahahahahaha pozz

he wasn’t too bad in queen elizabeth last time

think he made it to the finals and maybe won like 5th

once you get the hang of having to use your spatial awareness (which is undoubtedly more acute if you’re blind), it would be beneficial to be blind, possibly? at least then you really are focusing on the sound… one less sense to distract you. But jesus, he must be talented. I imagine La Campanella or Rach 2 isn’t easy for him either. Does he have to feel for the chord before he plays it? I can imagine that large leaps go awry quite frequently…

I just have a funny imago of him playing in my mind. He gets to the piano, maybe stumbles over the stool a little, prepares himself, and then absolutely butchers a piece of music. Just like this -

Art tatum was completely blind in his left eye and I never heard him mess up a striding bass (which usually had big jumps and stretches).

But well, Art Tatum was the jazz pianist that all classical ones feared joining the classical scene (including horowitz) because his technique rocked.

Yep, Ilya Rashkovsky placed like 4th or 5th in QEC 2 years ago.
I have the entire broadcasted competition on my computer (semifinal recital, semifinal concerto, portrait, final) of every competitor.

Can share some of it if desired. Bet it will be if one of them gets far in Van Cliburn.

PS: Eum Yeol Sum also took part in the Chopin Competition 2005…anyone got some videos of her in that (not youtube quality)

these people in this competition must be very powahful
all difficult pieces
needs time to practice
lotsa time

hahaha diz PW style comment

ppl must be very skillful too!

HaHAHAHAHA DA RETURN OF DA JACKO

thankz god da RAZH wont play hiz bra paganini again

FUCKKKKKK DIZ TOPIC OFFICIALLY BECUMMAH INTEREZTIN BY VIRTUE OV JACKO BLEZZIN :dong: :dong: :dong: :dong: :dong:

You didnt like hiz paga? Watch Alex Kobrin playing it in the Van Cliburn 2005…it has style!

WTF

Disagree?

one chinese competitor less…

i just saw the rach sonata 1 programmed there. Lugansky & Berezovsky are both programming that too… I think the Weissenberg rec is the only version I ever listen to…

I video-capped a lugy rach1 but dun remember if I pozted it

whoa. any chance of it? I’m not a member of elite group, but I’d love to hear it. (PM perhaps?)
Did you ever upload any of the La Roque vids from last year? I really want to get my hands on them, having been present and all…
Thanks.