Volodoz vz. Yuja Wang

Hahha fuckkk :wood:

2 Likes

Looky who we have heah…

2 Likes

If that lady was da teaching assistant of da bashk does that mean da bashk think da Volodos b string?

“b string” means?

Passed off to a teaching assistant rather that getting the Baskin-Robbins. Read on this his history was with da galina since early days tho do not likely good read.

I think Rouvier had the most influence on his pianism.

Look at Fray, he also studied with Rouvier and has that amazing tone quality and variety of color.

Though I think Cho studied with him too and his tone a bit Pollini-esque.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a full-size copy of that photo w/o the text?

Dig em both…they sure both remain cool when all hellz breakin loose around dem 88z. The Vol is ridiculous in that way, esp.

2 Likes

I think that the American school does not exist. The top “American” mofos, aside from Andrew Tyson n George Li, we’re all trained abroad.

Or maybe it is just the NYC schools that are utter horseshit.

“Training”. More like “grooming” by pedoz, see the Prof. Kang Juilliard scandal.

2 Likes

Yes yes. And yes.

I far prefer Volodos all the way through.

However, Yuja probably has the better raw mechanics (Erlkonig, 10/2, Feux Follets, Brahms Paganini, Petrushka, Prok Conc 2, Ravel Gaspard, and sum trashy unlistenable LIGETI mindfucks - all pieces dat da Vol did not program).

Also, and this is pretty huge, Yuja seems to learn rep very quickly, while Volodos does not.

I found Yuja underwhelming in certain rep (Brahms Handel, Chopin 24 Preludes, Pimpson, Hamcleavage, Kreislerivanka).

I also dislike Yuja’s “athletic” Scriabin.

What about da Vol’s last two soporific albums? His first Schubert album was gensui. The last Brahms and Schubert have been mostly a snooze fest.

I agree, he’s not playing rep that “challenges” him enough. On the other hands, he plays what he wants, and has a very “individual” personality

I’d love a Scriabin Album from him. And more late Liszt daddy please

1 Like

The rep was challenging enough, artistically speaking, his playing was just lisztless. Sokolov would’ve made legendary recs with da same material.

Pozz. :sunglasses:

Tru, da sherbert was boring, but da Bramzhz I luvvved. Hiz bezt ztill da Mompou IMO. Wut I lyk mozt ov him iz hiz ridiculous dynamic cunttrol, zound, da ability to haff 15 lynz going at da zaym tym, and da ability to appear calm in da midzt ov a ztorm (hiz pimp zon f.ex, iz bonkerz)

1 Like

Tru, a super solid, wikid rec.

2 Likes

Really zad it’z not zirculated more, I had to beg to get moi hanz on it. Maybe I zhud do zumtn about dat n put it on da tube…

1 Like

What Sony maniac let a vol pimpson not get studio recd? Worse than kissin in 97 or 98? with the insane trilllz.

1 Like

Extremely randomly somebody cleaned up the sound on the kissin pimp son vid

https://youtu.be/nzhYgzl2RYI

1 Like

Pozz da Vol really did not want to do a studio session dat season?

Hmm, the same Sony that won’t publish the rest of the Horowitz Yale stuff?

Don’t forget about this Sony artist too:

Yeah, fuck Sony.

4 Likes