Which pianist maintained their technique the longest?

my motha studied with da Zubravsky who could reach C-G, sightread fucking Medtner violin sonatas on stage, and could demo any piece from memory.

and tru, he practice like 30 fucking minutes before dat legendary Rach 3 perf.
Now datz a mofo with natural dex, brilliant memory, and nerves of steel.

I hate people like that lol

tru.

he wasn’t motivated to perform at all, he didn’t perform on the radio etc even tho he could just sightread sum unrecorded rep and make a few rubles.

check out his Rach 3 I posted a while back… One of the greatest ever recorded.
And each massive chords sounds unforced… extremely clear textures and pedalled exquisitely…

da WHALE tech iz actually ztill improvin

by da tym hez 80 he vil pozz haff DOC 1990 level tech 8)

Daim!!!

Dunno, I was impressed with argerich’s recent liszt concerto… I was thinking this has every type of thing you’d think would be hard to pull off with old lady hands.

Her 70 plus tchaik concerto also great for agedness

I have a secret boner for old tureck playing which I still can’t explain As the finger technique/sense of timing got squishy things flowed more pleasantly

youtube.com/watch?v=4PNyabtzS1Y

age 75 here

Tureck was actually quite beautiful when she was young.
Scary what happened to her.
I didn’t realise Argerich played the Tchaik concert at 70+?
From what I’ve heard she’s still in good shape, but she only plays 3 pieces.
I’m going to see the 93 year old Pressler in a couple of weeks.
It will be interesting to see how his playing is these days.

Ders a vid or her first or second time trotting it out at 73 years

youtube.com/watch?v=CzyCL7qUm7w

watching it now.
She doesn’t seem to have improved any in terms of keeping a steady tempo.
Even Dutoit had trouble following her.

Yeah dutoit also missing some key downbeats in da first movement but give me spirit over excellence any day

Enjoying this Argerich Tchaik 1.

It’s an hard question because the piano technique includes finger technique, sound technique, ecc.

If I consider the entire technique, well … I’d say Earl Wild (the most elegant pianist I ever heard), Cziffra (whose virtuosity it’s an important part of his musical personality), Argerich (see Cziffra) and Backhaus.

If I take a look to the pianists of the past, I think Lhevinne, Rosenthal, Rachmaninov and Petri.

FUCK randomly mizzd diz topiq :sunglasses: