2019 proms

AFAIK eastern Ukraine is still completely fucked up. I used to watch vlogs of it years ago and the place was just destroyed. The pro-Russian sentiment over there is supposed to be very strong.

Okay, if that’s the case, It seems like a money grabbing marketing gimmick to me. Since it has more cachet to be advertised as Russian than as Ukrainian (forget about Australian).

It depends. My teacher is from Donetsk and I had a long talk with her about it when I was back in Australia. She said her family is split in two (she’s more on the Ukrainian side).

Perhaps he’s on the Russian side. I don’t think we need to add assumptions to the data, such as that he regularly appears on Russian tele. He’s certainly not distancing himself AFAIK.

It could be. Randomly da SLIT is never advertised as Russian though, is she?

I don’t know. Does she advertise herself as Ukrainian because she believes the country is Russian anyway? I don’t know. I don’t pay any attention to her.

It could be because of her Putin stance but I associate her more with :ru: than with :ukraine:. I also just checked her early Audiofon issues, and she’s advertised there as “The Russian born pianist…”, not Ukrainian.

Naxos & Decca both say Ukraine though

¯_(ツ)_/¯

dis internal Brexit.

It would be interesting to sit down with her. I would guess that temperamentally she’s no different from other aggressive pro-Russian women I’ve met. Their ideas are just nailed in well beyond argument.

Her website ducks the issue, probably wisely after all the Canada problems. Her Twitter is bonkers.

1 Like

I think she’s a bit of a boiling pot. Whenever in public or in front of a camera she has a pretty hysteric personality, but me and a friend went to talk to her after I first saw her in recital in ca 2012 and then she was just the opposite, quite calm and sweet. On the other hand another friend has known her for many years, but recently distanced himself from her “for reasons he’d rather not talk about”. This was around 2014 though, maybe it was her Putin thing rather than her personality.

well people are usually fine & sweet until their passions emerge. Probably goes off the rails when Putin & Ukraine come into convo. She’s a great example of someone who reveals all their shit through social media, things you just don’t want to know about a person. In a way social media is a good relationship filter. These days you don’t have to wait to bed someone before knowing that you don’t want to spend much time with them.

1 Like

Diz topiq 220px-Derailedmovieposter

2 Likes

I never got over how Cassel divorced Monica Bellucci. A ridiculously beautiful woman to this day. Now he’s married to some 21 year old.

I dun c how

Da ZLIT iz ztill married to da zame mofo :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m with Tony. I don’t see how da mofo is still married to da zlit…

:-1: :sunglasses:

Thinking is difficult today…

da zepp thinks da zlit is hot?

Eh…Younger is maybe 4 or 5 mofos out of 10.
One of these may or may not be da Zlit…Google may have gotten cunfused.

images 5e85dd3d58ccc1b25590acb97c5d2cd9

1 Like

Mikey’s on top of this

da zepp needs to explain himself