Composers you've warmed to and cooled down from?

I’d really like to find out.

Btw, I’ve skipped audio recordings of operas since I guess it’s a different experience to see them play out, but since I’m not likely to be sitting at a Huguenots performance any time soon… is anyone here aware of any decent filmed versions of it? 5-6 years ago there was a filmed performance of one of Verdi’s operas on TV which looked really well produced, which I regret I never watched (all I remember of it is that it was from an outdoor venue and that the main (?) character was a large man dressed in red, pompous, 16th C attire).

Hehe, I might know what you mean. My impression is that operas were the Hollywood movies of their time of sorts - avoiding the complex, and with plenty of passages just meant to be entertaining. But it’s just the impression I’ve had, I’ve never actually watched a single opera.

1 Like

If u haf 3 1/2 hourz to zpare :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah great!! And no construction workers or Google CEOs as the main characters either.

Yes I most definitely have 3 hours to spare. It’s July. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hahah I juz zkipped thro to try n find a part i recognize from da PIMP parazheeyat :sunglasses:

I really don’t know if I will enjoy this either - I’ve resisted opera for 20 years now - but ONE opera I can certainly afford seeing from beginning to end.

Hahaha well I wudnt advize lozin yo opera virginity to da HUGENUTZ

Diz lyk lozin yo 88 virginity to zome Zorabji

U vil be put off fo lyf :sunglasses:

try da BRU option - ztartz at 34 minz

U zhud reconize da overtune immediately

Was that really how Carmen looked? :thinking:

1 Like

They used to do a really good production at ONP, I think it’s on youtube with Béatrice Uria-Monzon as Carmen. The current one is hard to sit through. Another all killer opera which I can’t recommend enough is Tchaikovsky’s Evgeny Onegin. This is my favourite opera. It helps when you have such great source material to work with.

Haha tru da PABZT a wikid mofo fo pozt-pimp parazheeyatz

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/MN-Gl-7qm-c :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha tru da Pabzt writin juz look inzanely penizdick n mo den a bit gensui.

n to cumplete da Tchaik trilogy we haf

Da ZEPP opera :zepp:

2 Likes

ahahahahahah

da zepp demonztratin inzane reztraint by not linkin a vid of himzelf zingin zum zheeyat in diz thread :sunglasses:

haha when da zpoken intro longa den da piece itzelf :sunglasses:

1 Like

ahahahahh diz one of doze rare 21zt century zongz dat ZUFFAH rathah den BENEFIT from rape :tm: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Any fanz ov diz maztapiece here?