Da Best :nigga: Cumplete Sonatas Recording by Female Penistz

Hahaha untru, my FIRST interp of this c 2014 was

Fastah den da HJ
Need to find that piece of schitt

N wut do u n KOREN think ov da

MALTEMPO :sunglasses:

Becuz da only zheeyat holdin da HANDJOB back from bein a gold ztandard legend from a muzical ztandpoint

iz her zumwut fuckd up random n thoughtlezz rhythm :sunglasses:

concur wiz da above, zhe iz wikid n a great penizt to hear in cuntzert fo a zpontaniouz one tym experience

but not wyf material

hence da HANDJOB name bein even mo appropriate given diz :sunglasses:

1 Like

The problem with DK is that everything is so B&W with him. Things are either GREAT, or they SUCK - and thereā€™s rarely (never?) any deeper analysis as to why. He and John Gavin were the only ones who kept me at RMCR - a forum I detest - but I learnt early on to take his views, well definitely seriously, but also with a grain of salt. What can you say about someone who idolizes Lim and fails to see any merit in Beethoven for instance? Truth be told I take your views much more seriously Tony.

2 Likes

No doubt she is phenomenally gifted, in the sense that she has an :orgy:ian ease at da 88 and can play/memorize an enormous amount of difficult pieces in a short period of time.
That said, for me, from what Iā€™ve heard, she always stays at the surface of the music and treats every composer (whether itā€™s Bach, Beethoven or Rach) in the same way, just how she feels it, not bothered by any deeper sense of style. This ā€œfree spiritā€ thing can also be interpreted as superficiality or just plain ignorance or randomness. Her performances are often a bit like the concert clothes sheā€™s wearing - rather shapeless.

2 Likes

LOL@D.Koren

2 Likes

Tru. Never have I seen two bigger man-babies than Dan Koren and Tom Deacon.

I read a few of their posts back in the early 2000s and decided to steer clear of the newsgroups.

1 Like

Wise decision avoiding those complete tools. Man-babies is a perfect description.

1 Like

I didnā€™t mean about his behaviour. His taste in pianists and discovering / promoting lesser known ones has been impeccable. Of course sometimes he gets carried away with it.

I zumhow get da feelin da HANDJOB cunzidahz herzelf zuch a :nigga: authority becuz zhe wuz told he wuz deaf n zhe take diz literally n neva lizn to anyone elzez playin, any otha recz, or anyone elzez advice

Pozzibly da tru way

N alzo pozzibly not :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This isnā€™t taste though, but experience and musical intelligence. Although in DKā€™s case I really do think theyā€™re one and the same. Heā€™s called more people deaf than the audiologist association, he seems completely incapable of looking beyond his own frame of reference, vast though it may be.

Impeccable tazte = zomeoneā€™z tazte who alignz wiz yo own? :whale:

1 Like

Not exactly. I donā€™t find HJ Lim exciting, and unlike Koren I like Arrau and wasnā€™t into his Ann Schein.

Haha diz exactly

Rezpec da yoga guru :comme:

I donā€™t know, they kind of overlap, at least taste & experience do.

For me this behaviour isnā€™t such a problem when someone is so curious & has good taste & favours challenging & exciting / risk-taking playing as he does. You know the guy has his way and just goes with it. Itā€™s more his style of writing which comes across a bit dysfunctional. I mean if you took his belligerent manner, honed it a bit & dressed it in a toff British-styled way of communication, most people here wouldnā€™t even notice it.

Itā€™z alwayz good to get expozed to nu great artiztz by recommendationz ov people u rezpec n truzt

but when it cummah to negative criticizmā€¦I neva completely ignore an artizt juz becuz I rad bad zheeyatz about dem. I vil alwayz giv da benefit ov da doubt even when people I rezpec zay dey iz zheeyat n not worth yo tym to lizten to

Zo influencerz lyk diz are better off focuzzin on da pozitie - hilitin zheeyat n bringin to our attention

inztead ov waztin tym dizzin zheeyat. Da bezt way to treat zheeyat u donā€™t lyk iz wiz apathy n ignoranceā€¦juz donā€™t even mention it.

1 Like

Hehe, no but I associate ā€œgood tasteā€ with a preference for the refined, proper, measured, etc. Same as everywhere, not just in music. Personally I have little respect for the concept in this context however tbh. Is Beethovenā€™s 9th in ā€œgood tasteā€? Is Alkan? Cziffra? El Greco? Even that which isnā€™t well adjusted or proportionate falls within the realm of art, and thatā€™s really where itā€™s at for me. You can also turn it around if you wish. Thereā€™s no direct correlation between that which is tasteful and that which is expressive, and that which isnā€™t expressive rarely lasts.

All that said I definitely think there are limits. Just because something can be expressed doesnā€™t mean it needs to be, or that itā€™s meaningful to take part in it. This is me but Iā€™m fine with taste being bent, challenged, questioned or used as a tool, but if you lose sight of it altogether youā€™ll lose me with it.

2 Likes

Dat defintion ov tazte iz zimple -

playing dat iz hard to hate

competition winning pianiztz dat cummah to win da top prize becuz dey donā€™t offend anyone

a TRU ARTIZT haz to dare and rizk being hated

to be truly loved

tru :pimp::nigga:

1 Like

Imo ā€œimpeccable tasteā€ in music constitutes playing in the appropriate style AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME. So, bombastically when things are for show (no fucking :snail: BULLET GGC), sensitively when itā€™s called for (heaven help us if da HANDJOB decides to hack through da benedicksheeyat), expansively when itā€™s called for (bits of da pimpzon), like a bat out of hell when virtuosity is obviously the name of the game (HR6). Basically having artistic empathy with what youā€™re playing.

3 Likes

Tru, juz lyk da LEZBO :sunglasses:

Hahahahaha da fuckin lezbo.