Da feztin 88 purchase

So, dis 88 wuz voted by dasdc ezteemed membahz az 2/3 Gheylib, 1/3 Lola…

Yesterday’s final tryout, brief impro session here:

The treble is a touch weak, but the audio here is definitely not remotely pro recording level: it’s phone audio which I’ve treated in order to fix clips, adjust volume level and basic noise reduction.
20200108_150129

6 Likes

HAHAHAH WIKID!!!

Da effortlezz flow n hilariouzly

:doc:-lookin hand mvmtz REZPEC :sunglasses:

1 Like

Damn Arps on a clean white piano. You bettah put plastic in he furniture to protect from da moisture

3 Likes

Full cold unleazh with bonuz :pimp: extract.

88 should be arriving tomorrow.

5 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Ahhh :white_circle:

#whitepiano4life :fist_right::fist_left: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As dasdc majority voted it a :ghey::lib: 88 I may have to invest in candelabra :grinning:

3 Likes

Or a pen =)

b6b5270cf8ffccbee96f35bced720318717a17a0

4 Likes

Must admit I was considering discreet alteration of the logo :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Congrats, Steinhoff…sounds like a German make?
And yeah I suppose you’ll get used to da colour :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

haha da random stately dance passes thru at 1:31

1 Like

Festin and I are joined in colour blindness

It’s no big deal, I prefer black grands but where I have it in my living room I actually think the colour is a good thing. It makes the room look brighter and not as cramped as a black piano would have. Also goes well with mom’s curtains I have there in the summers.

Furthermore, the price… I briefly worked in a piano store when I was 14 or so, and I remember the price drop for white pianos was legitimately enormous compared to their black counterparts. As in 30% or something like that. This was a special offer, but as I said goodbye to them I was also offered a white piano for 3k€, which we sold black in the store for 7k€.

3 Likes

“Sounds” German indeed. I have a residual feeling they are actually Chinese. I quite like the sound of it in the context of MOIZT. Less convinced it’s a ZIFFTOT piano! And it is pretty cheap for a second hand grand which doesn’t seem to need any serious work.

I suspect it’s cheaper exactly because it’s white!

3 Likes

Very nice!!!

It does not suffer from overbrightness like most cheaper 88 brands!

A very good tone.
How is da repeated notes? Tiz da ultimate test fo any action tru

@festinfurious

3 Likes

Hot.

2 Likes

It pretty damn good!
A slight lack of definition, but that is preferable to something overly bright.

I wonder how it will sound in yo acoustic space tho.

@festinfurious price?

1 Like

Agreed with the lack of definition, but to be fair it is absolutely basic recording in the sense that it was my phone, future recs will hopefully be slightly cleaner with my Edirol plus mics.

Didn’t test out double notes tbh, I’ve been through most tech figurations but not that one. Price £2175. My room isn’t very big, so I may have to experiment.

I do like the tone, it’s my kind of aesthetic.

3 Likes