If you could RESURRECT Liszt - What would you play for him?

Hah da wankah probably called him/it a “long-nosed JOO looking MAN” n refused to bang

Da WANKAH randomly on da twittah

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChristardWagner :stuck_out_tongue: sumwut wtf…

1 Like

hahahaha

I’d play him some David Helfgott and Lang Lang, and then Liszt would ask to be dead again.

1 Like

Introduce him to da :wim:

Now dat’z just plain dizrepekful.

:snail::face_vomiting:

He would not!
Liszt would laugh and laugh

1 Like

And probably make a pun on the “gott” part of da mental mofo’z name.

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this, but I had a great time reading Borodin’s letters this summer, among which were one of the best depictions of Weimar and the old Liszt I’ve encountered. Through those it’s not difficult to tell what at least HE would have liked. He was all about novelty and ideas, was frustrated by the sedentary German school and, completely correctly, saw the future in France and Russia.

For what it’s worth I strongly recommend Borodin’s correspondence. As you probably know he was chemist first and composer second, and that is never more apparent than in his letters which are authored almost like scientific observation reports. Annoyingly enough aside from the parts about Liszt’s own playing, where all analytical skills abandon him.

1 Like

Iirc Borodin was a quite remarkable man who could also legitimately be considered a women’s rights activist.