Local Legendz - Who iz da Greatezt penizt from each country?

Oops.

No he would not.

I thought long and hard about this, but I have converted actually. Ben plays the piano better than Ogdon ever did, and I also think he has similar or more musical scalps by now. The only thing he doesnā€™t have is the publicity which followed with Ogdonā€™s Tchaikovsky thingy and subsequent illness. That said I still like (the young!) Ogdon better myself. For all his splendor I find it difficult to muster up any real excitement over Grosvenorā€™s musical personality.

Most of these I did not think long and hard about however. As maybe was apparent I did the list half in jest, itā€™s only Skisvein Kjempegutte on there I feel passionately about. :pimp:

2 Likes

Tbh I think Ogdong > Grosvenor also, I just think he has a bigger emosheeyat range and tonal palette, plus his playing is less ā€œpoliteā€, I do rate Grosvenor though.

Less seriously, wtf is up with this list?

Obviously da best dutch penizt is da WIM, and da best belgian is da MOMLEECH.

1 Like

Da KAT is bezt Thetan :smiley:

3 Likes

Um, Wimmofo iz Belgianā€¦

1 Like

He is? fuck, him and da MOMLEECH are biggah exiztential threatz den da native Belgique IZLAMIC BOMBAH enclave. Bomb da cuntry now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hahaha TRU da place he iz from iz called Lommel

RIGHT on da fuckin bordah

Lucky ezcape :sunglasses::netherlands::belgium:

1 Like

Fucking zenzuz-takahs.

OBVIOUZLY da authentic population iz only 17000.

Haha diz explainz da WIM zlightly off-dutch zoundin CG accent

2 Likes

Danmark: Victor Borge
Ireland: John Field
Turkey: eitha Biret or Say

I think da ZAY is a genius.

Dis view pozz cuntroverzial tho.

2 Likes

Muzical o comedic? :dong:

Both!!!

1 Like

TRU da ZAY one of da few tru allround m*zikal legendz who happen to alzo play da 88 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why do people here love Grosvenor so much? not saying he is bad. I have honestly heard very little of him, and what little I have heard has just been OK. But I must stress that I have heard extremely little of him

https://www.gramophone.co.uk/feature/the-pianos-golden-generation

Hahah becuz he iz cuntzidahd to be 1 ov da mofoz recapturin zum golden age ztylee in hiz playin :gav:

So great was that performance that if you remastered it by adding 78rpm shellac surface noise, youā€™d probably be able to pass it off as a previously undiscovered Josef Hofmann or Benno Moiseiwitsch recording.

:tm:

3 Likes

:zcholah:

Heā€™s perhaps the greatest pianistic talent out there today, the quality and finish of his playing is just stupidly good. Also neither generic or lost in eccentricity, but I donā€™t connect with him particularly well myself. What he does musically is often exceedingly good too but itā€™s not of a kind which really gets me interested, or which I find compelling and memorable enough to return to. This is me though, and itā€™s also a BG aged 26 who should be focused on his pianism, and who should not be doing things which come from long-term maturing in oak barrels. Today heā€™s youth, finish, freshness and blinding craftsmanship, and I donā€™t think you can praise him highly enough for what he delivers there.

Luckily Feinberg was far better documented

Hahaha

1 Like