Pletnev and Lang

hahah da DG-cunt-zponzored-kritticz

and rezpec da Ivan, dere iz no need to refrain from ur ztatement

da Dongah getz majorly zkooled, dat’z good newz…

HAHAH i fucking luv Pletnev now.

Haha I wish there were a vid of that interaction, or a vid of the Philly perf of Long Dong doing Rach 2 in the 2nd movement where he pointed out, literally and from above, a harmonic change from major to minor… words fail me

Oh man…

Each day, I hear something about the Langmeister that makes my heart sink even lower. Yesterday, it was the ‘Lang Lang’ range of pianos… today, he’s literally pointing out harmonic changes in performances?

Man. My reaction is exactly the same as yours - words simply fail me.

well TO BE FAIR

(i did say it to Paul too)
the LL line of the piano (which is named ‘The Rising Star’ or ‘the future star’ some fucking emo-bloated-up-chink-bullshit name) (i am allowed to say this, i am chink)

anyway, the model that was made after the hamburg model O, is actually VERY VERY good. (i played the one in HK, which was performed by da Dongah and signed)
key were responsive, tone was crisp
and it only costed roughly USD12000 (cheaper than a CF1)
i meant, if i can power-wash off the golden-paint of dongah’s name off it, I would really want to own one.

o and, it has the ‘5 golden stars of talent’ on the piano top cover, which is just fucking stupid imo.

da cheapest model d in moi country starts at $220,000.

model o was around $140,000 when i last checked.

fuck da import taxez.

no way man…D model costs probably around $92000 how can O cost around $140,000

did you type too many O?

Probably another currency, mate.

Further, when buying overseas from the factories, shipping and insurance can add a hefty chunk to the price of those babies.

Assuming what you said were true, Pletnev’s really got no place to give such harsh criticism in front of his colleague’s face and has simply come across as a man of bad upbringing, even though what he said was right.

Zsolt, you’ve got 102 posts already!!! respect! That means you can access the threads for 100+ posters. Greetings from Vienna to Cleveland.
Aries

With all due respect, the Langmeister did solicit the opinion of Pletnev on his playing. Was Pletnev expected to lie?

The situation would have been far different had Pletnev’s comment been unsolicited and unprovoked.

In my opinion, the relevant issue would be whether Pletnev should have expressed his (honestly held) opinion in such crude terms.

he could have possibly been more tactful. But who knows, maybe he was in a bad mood because of how weak the coffee was or something. 8)

Pletnev is quite a respectable musician to say the least, seeing someone like LL rape the Rach 2 (as a Russian, too…) must’ve made him quite pissed. I understand and concur with his reply 8)

btw Brew, who’s the beauty in ur av?

Rita Hayworth :smiley:

Perhaps he could have been more tactful.

But, y’know, sometimes there’s just no other way to say what you mean than… ‘damn, you’re stupid’. Or something along those lines. 8)

haha, LL deserves it 8)

and dayum, rita’s fiine, that’s def. her best pic though

hahaha da PLATE wuz juz jealouz 8)

1 Like

she looks better on film imo

Pletnev is known to be a honest bastard, once he went to Taiwanese, a press conference, caught a cold, just sat dere for 30 mins, didn’t say a fucking word, just nod or swing his head for reply.

it’s totally believable about what he said there.

And yea, da Dongah deserves it, for himself said some shit about da Kissin before da concert too.

fucking daddy-complex-panda-boy should just go back to his training pool and eat bamboo and shit around his cage.

:dong:

What did he say about Kissin?

it was a while ago, but he said something about kissin not used to be who he was before, and kinda imply he leeches on to his old-time glory.

(he probably said it in Chinese) :dong: