Pletnev and Lang

:dong: 8) :dong:

fucking daddy-complex-panda-boy should just go back to his training pool and eat bamboo and shit around his cage

tiz zumz up ma feelin fo da dongah.

can u feel da luv???

Er, when da fuck, sir, did model D cost less than model O?

:unamused:

precisely !!!

:dong:

hahahahahah tha PLATE probably juz zeez hiz youngah zelf in tha eyez of tha dongah

PLATE: “как 2 руки воює
8)

Yes, and that’s where eloquence comes in.

The press asked Lang for his opinions of Kissin, and Lang replied by saying, “Where is he (Kissin) now?”, implying that his popularity has long gone.

not jealous of his musicianship (obviously) but his popularity and perhaps $ 8)

hahaha u juz zpeculate on zum :dong: bad thoughtz
da dong wuz juz inocently zayin "Where iz he now? (I want to play pingpong wiz him) " :dong:

Despite Lang’s comment, an artistic admin at a big orchestra told me the Kissin is still paid far more than Lang per performance. Christ, Kissin plays with virtually every major orchestra and every great city every year. HTF is that disappearing?

As to Pletnev, he’s a sourpuss and a bad conductor (I’ve seem him live, barely able to keep the band together), but when he’s in the mood, he could play Lang under the table. And it is time that someone told LL the truth.

Pletnev is by all accounts a very cold and unhappy man both personally and professionally. However, his piano work is always top-notch, and his ability to bring out immaculate pianistic clarity. I’ve not always been a fan of his conducting, but have you heard his recording of Rachmaninov’s Second Symphony? It is really my favorite, second only to Yuri Temirkanov. If you haven’t heard it, I’ll send it to you privately!

Lang is a cocky bastard.

iamcanadian once UL’d Ivan Fischer’s EXTREMELY beautiful reading of the Rach Sym2.

I have Pletnev’s Rach 2nd Sym. I haven’t really listened to it. Maybe I should start to.

I think in that case I must revist my recording of Ivan Fischer in Rach 2nd Symphony. I remember that I found it very underwhelming compared to my versions from Temirkanov and Pletnev. I love the overwhelming climaxes of the Temirkanov, and the well-balanced recording and dynamism of Pletnev’s. I do know that Fischer’s is highly-regarded, so upon your recommendation, I will revisit it now!

Temirkanov is good. Pletnev’s is good, especially the Finale, but I like Jansons and Fischer MUCH more. Same goes for Svetlanov, Maazel, Rozhdestvensky, Rodzinski and Ormandy.

i lyk tha OUNDJIAN 8)

HAHAHAH yo quebec orch came a few monthz ago n did a tru franck zymph in place of tha OUIJA 8)

hahaha daim tru? I didn’t know dey wuz tourin rite now. Wuz it wiff da TALMI?