Random Debuzzy

10 Likes

Respect dis weekend chill

1 Like

Daim! zoundz zo wikid in diz!

Very imprezzed wiz yo zkillz!

Diz a Telecazter?

1 Like

Hey thanks mate, yeah it’s a telecaster. I’ve only recently got it, and it’s my main instrument now.

1 Like

Depuzzy upon conziderin diz iz very guitariztic in zum piecez az hiz harmony iz often parallel n diz zuitz da guitar layout

Which otha compozaz fo da 88 do u find work well on da guitar?

I know a mofo Marzhall Harrizon playz both 88 n guitar n he even did a random KAN 76/3 zheeyat

1 Like

haha tru diz randomly

3 Likes

Great point actually! That does translate well to the guitar and there are examples of this here.

It’s common to transcribe Chopin’s nocturnes, and I’ve learnt a couple Scriabin preludes. Generally any piece that’s not too fast and doesn’t use the full capabilities of the 88, both in range and dynamics, can be somewhat faithfully represented in the guitar. Sadly the 6 is a limited instrument in some regards.

Now on the other hand, if we forego the need to play every part on one guitar, the situation changes. In single note playing, like the violin, the guitar is quite formidable. Harrison does an incredible job in that, and has developed a picking technique that can reach original tempos in insane pieces. See for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcendental-Executioner-Marshall-Harrison/dp/B07256PVPT ( amazon link simply for sampling purposes) where he has op 10 no 5! Of course, to a penizt that’s just one hand of the piece, but in guitar this is ridiculously difficult, the equivalent of a Godowsky tranz.

Another guy who does that is Keith Whalen, e.g. here https://youtu.be/ojmQC9kx8oc

1 Like

Absolutely GENZUI n way bettah den most 88 perfs of tiz

Daim! Rezpek da VIBRATO

1 Like

Hahah @da_zepp diz furious tone!

This sounds better on both piano and banjo…

Also dis old legendary perf pretty cool.

4 Likes

ahahahah da VENT hypnotic chill thru REZPEC :sunglasses:

alzo da FLECK 10/4 DAYUUUM diz mofo a bit imprezzive fo zhor if he can indeed

play da BANJO n CELLO at da zame tym :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Post diz genzui!

1 Like