RIP Alexander Solzhenitsyn

If you haven’t read the Gulag Archipelago, The Cancer Ward or One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, you’re missing out.

Respect to a legend

Honour is due.

tru, read dis in da paperz today.

RIP

A great individualist, and champion of freedom.

He was a bit contradictory though at times.

Check out this great article by Christopher Hitchens:

slate.com/id/2196606/

a nationalizt cock n a religiuz integrizt, noztalgic of the feodal(slavary) zyztem of Tzars but the occident will take any idiot, give him nobel prize n milionz $$$ n huge rezidencez if that can zervez the axiz of good (anti-communizm) propaganda

Solzhenitsyn wuz juz a gud uzeful parrot for uza

I remembah he came to France (invited by Lepen monarchist friendz) n zaid french motto Liberté, égalité, Fraternité wuz essentially evil n then criticized the french revolution comparin it wiz bolchevizm We zhud have cut hiz head lyk we did with our kingz. This iz wut republic do.

good riddance!

3 Likes

:whale:

I’d never even heard of diz mofo, literature is not my domain. :comme:

HAHAHAHAHHAHHHhahhahahahahaha tha rare MART emotion :whale: :whale: :whale:

i zhamefully haff no idea who thiz mofo iz but tru zaw tha obit on tha front page of tha tdot ztar :orgy:

1 Like

²

i just can’t get myself to read books completely :blush:

hahah daim da MART being zeriouz for once!!!
damn, i haf no idea about tiz mofo, but iz da Mart pozz Communist-zympathizt?

daim, i never knew about him. respect and RIP. i now want to read some of his works and im inspired to follow this up after just reading “the master and margarita”. i will highly recommend this book to anyone here. it isnt too difficult a read either.

Pick up a copy of One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. It’s a pretty easy read, somewhere around 200 pages.

will do. i was speaking with my Dad about this particular book. if i recall what he said correctly, this was the book that he actually wrote after he got banned from writing? before that he was just accepted as a writer for the soviets. im now doing work in a book shop to get some cash, so i get nice discounts!

if it’s only 200 pages I might check it out too. The last english book I read was A Clockwork Orange, which was just the right length for me :slight_smile:

RIP

For some reason, my abiding memory of One Day is the cabbage soup… Pozz time to re-read.

Do you like Hitchens? He seams very indiviualistic too.

I have honestly never heard about this guy (before the news), even though my grandfather is a proff of slavic languages and litterature :blush:

I’ve tried to read that three times now. I just can’t get my head around all the slang. I don’t know why I’m so incompetent in that regard.

I find Hitchens entertaining, even (and especially) when I disagree.

HAHAHAH diz legit MART FURY

1 Like

Haha tru, I remember diz ancient MART fury. :sunglasses:

1 Like