What are your top 5 Theme and Variation works? And obscure favourites

Da Glazunov been a fav ov myn diz yr. I zaw da Pouizhnoff rec on yo channel n twuz wikid

But daim diz rec haf zum drama, rezpec!

1 Like

6 “lesser” known favorites in no order

1. Tansman - Variations on a theme by Scriabin
  2. Vladigerov - Dilmano Dilbero Variations
  3. Yocoh - Sakura Theme and Variations
  4. Llobet - Variations on a Theme by Sor
  5. Kosenko - Passacaglia
  6. Wieniawski - Variations on an original theme
3 Likes

Not the best, but I like playing the Beethoven Eroica Variations a lot! Other than that, the Poulenc Variations by Koji Taku, Gubaidulina Chaconne, Dohnanyi Passacaglia, Theme and Variations mvt of the Dutilleux Sonata, and the Szymanowski Variations to name a few that haven’t been mentioned.

3 Likes

HAHAHA rezpec afta checkin out da gensui TAKU Varz I dizcovah diz gensui comment :

BachScholar10 years ago

Fantastic! She plays with the strength of a man, like Argerich.

HAHAHAHA da :zcholah: gensui CG :sunglasses:

@da_zepp

8 Likes

Yeah, who would’ve thought that mofo had a sense of humour. Unless he legit didn’t realise it was a tranny? :tm:

3 Likes

At a glance you might think the Bach Scholar isn’t held in very high regard here, but that’s until you realise that people have watched every youtube video with him, and read every comment he’s written. :yum:

1 Like

Hahaha and alzo I didn even mention, da playin IZ WIKID and dat piece iz wikid alzo! Wizh mo modern muzik wuz diz wikid :japan:

Yeah, I can’t understand why people here continue to follow both him and :wim: , whose videos I have never seen.

2 Likes

Tru it makez about az much zenze az

da BRU clickin on a thread about THEME N VARZ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Reger-Bach is pure epicness.

5 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA DA :zcholah: hit on da TRUTH
Pozz relevant, da TM unfinished theme n vars

4.16.2014 Theme and Variations

I could do a bettah job on composing more vars now but no time :hui:

2 Likes

hahaha make it a VAR GAME thread where each demon haz to append hiz var :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Da hexamasheeyat sdc verzion.

2 Likes
1 Like

N of courzE

1 Like

Haha ALSO (it really take a drunk VOL to zhow REZPEC where tiz due?):

3 Likes

Bah

Personally I’m so glad he’s finally dropped that. It was amusing the first time I heard it, but it really didn’t survive repeated hearings - and he insited on playing it whenever he came within the vicinity of a piano for six fucking years.

3 Likes

Can’t say I disagree . Mildly legendary tho,imo :doc:

But wut about da HO :ho: Carmen? Tiz a clazzic gensui fo me!!

1 Like

Carmen is good!

From recent Hamelin I like the Minute Waltz in Seconds best. I heard it for the first time in recital and was completely unprepared!

1 Like

Hiz Pavane varee iz a betta compo den hiz pag varz

da pag varz are fun but u iz rite he ova zold it

to compoze a truly frezh zoundin piece on dat theme iz an inzane challenge nowadayz wiz all da examplez out dere

I regularly improvize on da theme az itz a fun way to be creative n try to not zound lyk zumzheeyat dat haz been done befo

1 Like