Who da worst of da great non-penizt cumpozers?

One day I will listen to that work…

3-2-1 here

I firmly believe da Chopzon 2 is a far bettah compo altho da Themadick material is not nearly as wikid as da Chopzon 3.

Da tm taste: form ovah content

Daiiiim :sunglasses:

1 Like

HAHAHAH da chopzon2 iz one of da few workz where da zepp ztrongly advocate fo a

TRU HALF TEMPO interp of da mvmt 1 openah :fire::snail:

i remembah da teenage zepp wud alwayz play thru da firzt 2 pagez of diz in da mornin befo bikin to zchool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s close here too, but 58 is such a personal work. Less riveting but it becomes part of you in another way. 35 is more like an action movie - or a horror movie.

Tru, so many moments in da opussy 58 are amazing

My problem is with the opening of the 2nd mvt. I think the standard way of playing it sounds ridiculous, or at least metronomic. I’ve heard it done much more convincingly once, but god knows whose recording it was. The difference was at least that it was taken at a faster pace with the rhythm of the response accented already in the opening phrase, which just made it click. It sounded evil and intimidating.

1 Like

Randomly, my mothaz teachah cummah!!!

At 5:13

DAIIIIIIIM

diz a world record FUCKKKKKCCKKKKKKCCKKKK

Diz mofo…

2 Likes

That sounds sped up though? Maybe a clumsy pitch correction during transfer?

Pozz…

I got it from da Radio Karelia archives

No, it’s not moi playing
Randomly, a titanic perf dat is sumewhut colorless

2 3 4 1 for moi. But the only one I really like is 2 except when I have to play it.
Performing the cello zon you get sense of the size of the mofo and the weight behind it but I just dun really like it aside from the zlow mov. (and that fucker of a build up in the 1st mov HARD!)

AHAHAHAHAHA TRU DIZ PERF!!!

da zepp vil cuntfirm diz zpeed iz indeed pozz if yo interp guidance fo diz mvmt iz bazically:

PIMP ERLDONG wiz breakz :sunglasses:

alzo from around 10min, da clazzik zl*wdown-in-vain-to-avoid-rape move zumhow cuntvinced moi of da authendickcity of diz legendary rec :sunglasses:

1 Like

Diz mofo…

Damn, it must have felt nice to have unlimited tech N tru old school no :zcholah: command of da 88

Second is my favourite. I don’t like to listen to the third any more. 1st is okay as a novelty and cello I don’t know very well.

The Cello sonata is very piano heavy, brilliantly written. Probably Chopin’s most underplayed piece given how great it is.

Piano + cello is a good mix imo, better than p + v. :kan: p + c is a mastahpiece, imo.

1 Like

I used to feel that way too, but after the concerts I’ve attended here with Jansen/Gavrylyuk and Kavakos/Wang…

+1 on :kan:

1 Like

What happens when the same piece is written for P+C and P+V like Franck Zon? (also played with P+Vla and hopefully never to play with P+Fl)

1 Like

I think I’m just more aurally sympathetic to p + c.

2 Likes

Eh, Wagner? He wrote two sonataz

1 Like