if it wuznā€™t pozzible to uze it az a meanz
to play great m*zik on it. :thinking:

1 Like

In solidarity with da Zepp da Meph votes for da 88 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ironically, da 88 did not vote for da 88. :wink:

2 Likes

ahh da zepp putz da x in a bit uv a dilemma tru :thinking:

I detest ā€œpiano playingā€. Regardless of style I want sound to follow instantly from thought, and music to exist as a completely abstract, ethereal form - uncoupled to its instrument.

And yet I only love music for da 88

1 Like

Actually this isnā€™t true when I think about it. I love some music for the lute as well, and there are works for violin, ensembles etc I wouldnā€™t want to hear in any other instrumentation.

da x will vote fo da moozik :pimp:

My favourite piece ever is orchestral, but I love da 88 too much :wink:

1 Like

This is bound to upset one or two here, but I honestly donā€™t listen to piano since I have any particular love for the piano, I just think itā€™s ā€œthe bestā€ of the available alternatives. The orchestra doesnā€™t give me that same direct connection to the music as when thereā€™s one mind at work controlling it, and with organ, guitar, violin, piccola flute etc you canā€™t do as much as you can with a piano.

ā€¦plus da moozik of course. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I know of no other single instrument for which so much quality music has been written. If you take away Chop, Liszt, and really just 8 or 10 other composers for it through its history, I could very well have homed in on some other instrument or ensemble instead.

2 Likes

I simply find the tactile aspect of da 88 endlessly fascinating. So many pozzibilitiez!

2 Likes