Alternatives to WM Capture?

Hi Guys,

Could anyone recommend an alternative to WM Capture for saving streaming videos in real time? (My OS is Windows)

I stupidly upgraded to Applian’s latest version of WM Capture (9.2.1) but the registration code they sent me is invalid. I have sent them several emails but they can’t be bothered to reply.

I also tried reinstalling my old version of WM Cap but it is no longer supported and I cannot register it with my old key:hot_face:

A classic case of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”:tired_face:

Thanks in advance for any tips you may have.

Is something like video downloadhelper suitable for your purposes? I use that when I want to save things.

Hi Brew,

Thanks for your message.

I am actually looking for some software which can record a live stream 'in real time"; not a video of it when it is complete. Unless I am mistaken, video downloadhelper only grabs the latter, does it not?

I’m not actually sure. I tried using OBS studio a couple of times but I couldn’t get it to work properly.

I too tried OBS studio but I kept running into problems and I gave up. WM Capture did/does the job but the team which sells the software seems to have changed…and not for the better :frowning: