Attention SASKATMATCHEWACLAVICEMBATOONIANS!!

5 bars left…

Well, it was a VERY legendary performance. The cadenza, especially, was just nuts. And I didn’t hear any insecurity in the third mov, which is incredible given the amount of time you spent learning it.

I randomly bootlegged it… Is it cool if I post it? Or at least the Cadenza.

HAHAHA
Wow… yes the cadenza was rather insane. The piano’s keys are so shallow, it’s nearly impossible to create a huge bold sound. The whole time I was trying not to bang, but at the same time trying to get sound. It resulted in some out of control playing. I think my youtube video was probably a cleaner version of the cadenza. But hey, thanks for coming. And would you mind giving me the recording first? I screwed up quite a bit in some other parts, as well as Bonnie and I weren’t together all of the time, but if the cadenza is respectable I’ll allow you to post it after I hear it. Haha, Doug told me not to worry that I got 2nd because he said he’d give me a call sometime to do something. Hopefully I still get to do it properly with an orchestra…

You didn’t win?! Who got 1st?

I’ll send you the rec by PM in a few mins.

cool dude! cant wait to hear it. I seem to remember you posting a rec of the cadenza quite a while back ([url]http://www.dasdc.net/t/prokofiev-2nd-cadenza/5808/1]) and it was pretty wicked then.

Ya man, Raymond Ko won. All respect to him though, because he’s amazing. I’ll listen to this rec and tell you what I think.

Yeah, it’s sick that he’s also a pretty freaking awesome violinist too.

Which concerto did he play?

He played the Khachaturian violin concerto.

ahahaha no wonder.

'tis a bitch for the accompanist/orchestra, no doubt.

Shit, I figured Ko won on the piano!? Damn, that’s one talented dude.

Sam has given me the go ahead to post his Prok 2 from the concerto comp.

I didn’t bring my fancy mic and instead used my internal mic. So you might hear some Hard Drive spinning etc, but it sounds pretty decent overall.

http://www.lesdjinns.org/elite2/prok2.mp3

this is sick! Fuck… you better make this your war-horse, asap.

:wood: :wink: :approved:

Thanks! It was the first time I’d ever performed the entire piece for anyone in public. Only after I listened to this did I realize I took the 4th movement probably twice as fast. Holy fuck I need an orchestra though…

Dear Santa,

Dis year I wud like AN ORCHESTRA for christmas. I know dis is a big request but i ztill believe in ur girth.

respec,
Da Fishing

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
YES