Ballade 3 coda

I finally feel like a “good” amateur-level perf is within striking distance… just a bit more polishing.

Mistakes aside, is it exciting enough? I think some more rubato and dynamic contrasts could be in order but don’t want to go too over the top.

5 Likes

Will listen when I get up in the morning!

1 Like

Nice username :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice interp!

diz iz a bit lyk da inverze ov mozt ChopComp cunteztantz…

Dey haf mo :poland: izhed tech but lack yo zpirit n interp

I actually wud zay da bezt zingle thing I cud advize to improve it iz juz to work on improvin yo finga dexterity n control via a daily routine ov finger exercizez/etudez etc.

Da crozz ova from dat wud improve da realization ov yo interpz on ALL piecez

da idea dat u can work on tech in juzt da piecez u play iz zimply zheeyat n only workz for mofoz hu haf aleady eztablizhed a concert level tech

1 Like

It’s in good shape dude.
Take a look at the score around 0:56, make sure you clean up those misreadings, double check all accidentals

It’s all pretty much learnt well. In my opinion, to really start working on taking it to the next “level”, you need to start practicing on an acoustic 88, any spinet or upright will do… but the “parameter” of tone production is very different on any acoustic, plus the action will respond much differently than yo digi

Rezpek, dude!

1 Like

I liked yo pedaling…clear and not overused, and taken off at da right spots. I need to work on this skill myself. Nice interp!

1 Like

On the acoustic thing public performance spaces sometimes cool to check out if buy a peno dun make sense. I found a place that is like 10 buck for two hours with a thrashed but cool looking steinway.

also enough space to practice my dance routines

gotta factor in travel tym/expense tho

After taking a break and then coming back to the piece, I’ve gotten it to a level I’m pretty satisfied with and am trying to get a good recording take. Thank you to everyone who commented and I hope you will enjoy my next recording.

I have a list of big purchases for the near-ish future and a new piano is one of them. It’s not at the top of my priority list since I still get a lot of enjoyment from my digi and have some more pressing concerns with home repairs, but I’m looking forward to it eventually.

I’ve been wanting a grand for a while, but with the size and layout of my house, it would require major sacrifices in terms of space and livability and it’s probably not worth it for someone like me who only plays as a hobby. I’m leaning more towards an upright now. Maybe someday I’ll get a promotion and be able to afford a bigger house and a Steinway… but then I might be so busy with work I don’t have time to play it.

4 Likes

Yeah, post a rec on here when u is ready, playa!

Must have taken a good 10 tries to get a take without any big clunkers (I can see the appeal of stitching together multiple takes!). This one still isn’t note-perfect and I’m not totally satisfied with the interpretation. Even so, I think this is the best I’ve ever played a piece of this level.

3 Likes

There was one little part I had to re-record because the first one was total shit… might see if I can splice them together and get a decent video.

1 Like

Hahahhàh randomly…

Tru diz a live ztream right now!

I asked to see her feet earlier and it got deleted.

#digitalopression

Hahahahaha she juz quit da baalllade 3, got a different book, and now fantasie impromptu unleazh

:chop:

She’s getting better!

1 Like

Hahahah FUCKKK. I juz commented zum sheeyat lyk “This is amazing! I’d love to see how you pedal this”

Vid harshly goez into private n turns off within about 15secs

:stopwatch: