Bezt CORPZE recz? 🧟 ⚰ (AKA Cortot)

Been gettin mo n mo into diz legendary penizt

Undahrated tech

Legendary approach, very free n improvizatory - Exprezzion > Accuracy

From doze mo familiar wiz him…Wut are hiz bezt recz?

1 Like

Okay…who iz da corpse??

2 Likes

hqdefault

3 Likes

IC

2 Likes

Ma favouritz:
S-S Etude en forme de valse (1919)
Chopin Four Ballades (1933)
Franck P, C & F (1929)
Liszt Sonata, Rigoletto (1926)
Debussy Children’s Corner (1928)
Debussy Chansons de Bilitis with M. Teyte (1936)

3 Likes
2 Likes

I remembah dat inzane vid of him playing children’s corner with dem creepy dollz moving around?

Yeah with sum niggah :wink:

3 Likes

He has a great Franck VS as well, although I can’t stand Thibaud’s contribution to it. We talked a little about it here a year back or so.

I actually like some of his late performances too, even if they’re often like this cracked antique vase someone has tried to glue back together again.

2 Likes

Hahaha diz even mo fucked up then I remembah :trump:

2 Likes

Ahaha da best quote of diz documentary:
(Boy playing a ChopBall 3 pazzage at the Conservatoire)
Da Corpze, unhappy: “You know what diz meanz? Diz iz a love affair, and you make it sound like a marriage of convenienze…”

1 Like

Nothing cumpared to Berman on da Scrib 5 - I wazn’t expecting an orgazm but you didn’t even give moi and erection.

3 Likes

Ghey :ghey:

2 Likes

Cuntroverzial viewpoint, but izn’t it FUR da bezt if we go without BEARZ wiv hardonz? :ghey:

1 Like

Da corpze another I admire when I hear but never ever listen to.

1 Like

There are many (Cortot)

I love the Schumann Symphonic Ets (20’s rec), da Chopzon 3 n da early Chop Second conc
Da RAVEL SONATINE is very touching.

Dere are many small jewels in his disco lyk diz:

Da Cortot did remakes of much of his rep after da war, da playing there gives him a bad reputation

Fuck, surely one of da :plate_with_cutlery: ‘z go-to Cortot recz

1 Like

Cortot had a certain elan in his liszt recs and of course if gimp freak SS valse tude pretty legendary

I like the 1950s recordings of Schumann that were suppressed until being mistakenly released in the GPOC set, and then of course in the complete box. Also his 1950s Schumann concerto and 1940s Chopin 2nd concerto with Fricsay and Mengelberg, respectively. Also a fascinating Beethoven PC1 from this period, in which he strangely skips the cadenza (I think he just trills it).

I also like the late live Chopin recordings. Also the late ballades.

So yeah I like late Cortot, even though his technique went down the toilet. He’s much more impulsive and unpredictable, and does some neat things with bass doublings which I am always fond of.

I wish more of his Beethoven sonatas got released, I’d love to hear his take on the late sonatas, even if only half the notes are accurate.

3 Likes