CDs for Christmas

damn, i thought that was too good to be true. thanks for the warning. does anyone know what programme Sokolov is performing these days? ive booked tickets to see him in May, but nothing has been said about the programme.

orozco is something though!

tru, but im mad about sokolov these days and i wanna get a few decent CDs of him that i havent got or heard already.

ok done mine, though it mostly won’t arrive before X-mas:

The 20 cds of Michelangeli
9 cd Kappell set (been meaning to get this for like 3 years)
Rubinstein Vol 2, 10, 11 (RCA)
Kissin Carnegie Hall Debut
Kissin Live in Tokyo (DVD)
Young Ashkenazy vol 1 and 2 (Testament)

total - randomly not sure, about 200 USD + shipping.

u can dl da kissin live in tokyo vid from stage6.

700 MB.

:dong:

haha well, I could have just requested all of this stuff, but diz dun hexpand mah collexion :comme:

True, I looked into that, and the best I could come up with is Bach Partita 2 or 6, Chopin Preludes and maybe Polonaise - fantasy or Ballade 4 etc.

The concert in London says Bach + Chopin and he’s playing the Preludes + some Partitas in Amsterdam in Feb, so it seems likely that he would play the same in London in May.

thanks for the info. tbh, it doesnt really matter to me what he plays coz he seems to perform everything so consistently well.

Programma
W.A. Mozart Sonate in F gr.t., KV 280
Sonate in F gr.t., KV 332
Chopin 24 Preludes, op. 28

In may in Amsterdam

Prolly going to change as always.

I was thinking about doing some shopping. Does anyone have these? If so, can you post? If not, are they worth purchasing?

amazon.com/Beethoven-Cello-S … 18&sr=1-21
amazon.com/Prokofiev-Concert … 35&sr=1-80
amazon.com/Messiaen-Vingt-Re … 946&sr=1-1

If they’re worth buying, i’ll post.

i hope you know that that aimard messiaen disk is only audio. it doesnt have any video. its a really good set, but dont bother spending all that money for dvd audio. i can post the cds if you want.

SHEEYAT the DVD audio thing fucked me up. Dont bother uploading since I already have his recording of the set. How about the others?

the others are dvd audio and video, like a normal dvd. if you buy those, id appreciate a post! best check with chris about the first one though. he probably has it (and he might be willing to upload). but yeah, ask him first.

ill upload the janis prok 3 and paganini rhap if you can handle sendspace… its the only site that I can manage for large files… unless you know of a good one (not rapidshare or megaupload…)

K thanks! I’m still searching for some DVD’s that I can buy and post here. Maybe I’ll get another list together in a bit. And Tom, sendspace is fine, and I really appreciate it!

Fukin respec

I"ll post the Richter after Christmas sometime.

fucking hell, none of my cds have arrived yet, even the ABM which I ordered ages ago. Fuck amazon and their “expedited” shipping.

Here’s Janis’s Prok 3 and Rach Pag:
sendspace.com/file/mnrmkz
sendspace.com/file/okjlcs
sendspace.com/file/si93bp
Great performances!
Ill post in aniother thread too