Da :nigga: Furry Leaze - E or D?

A profound musicological discussion at the Henle website.
I’ve always played the E, but now I’m starting to haff serious doubts
Whut would you play, an E or a D?

• E
  • D
  • Whutevah, da song remainz a bit sheeyat

0 voters

2 Likes

D is a bit more… subtle

1 Like

Gav called and says he think it’s c#?

5 Likes

Tiz a full LH smash of A-F

1 Like

it’s D time to order more E :salt::gav:

Hehe, I’m messing this up - I don’t know what I play but I’ll find out tonight

1 Like

Tru, why not jus smash both?
:hui: :princess:

Da Henle fingering a bit ghey

I play E, but D was really interesting. If you play the piece quickly and somewhat absentmindedly - as you typically hear it - I think D merely sounds like a wrong note. E is cleaner, and more taut. If you play the piece in a more relaxed manner however, slower and with more attention to sound than classical neatness (like I do), D fits right in. Indeed I think it sounds better. It adds to the dreamlike character and sounds more interesting. I’m surprised Beethoven wrote it however since I also think D sounds 20 years later.

I don’t dare to say if it’s Beethoven or Nohl who got it wrong, but at least until the MS turns up I wouldn’t correct the D.

1 Like

As I play the rh in double notes, I don’t think I can pass judgement :sunglasses::gav:

Never written it out and nowhere near an 88 atm, but from muscle memory I think I have preemptively solved it anyway by playing both notes!

6 Likes

:hammer:-:gav:

1 Like

hahaha i alwayz thought it wuz e throughout but on tha very lazt one tiz d :lib:

3 Likes

Ahahaha da ROBBAH give a ztraight anzah n hilariouzly

Make perfect zenze :sunglasses:

Tru that’s a good idea :nigga:

What does Barry Cooper say about it? Whatever he says, the opposite will be the correct answer.

3 Likes

True, you see that in some editions.
Interestingly, the Nohl version that’s mentioned in the Henle link does the opposite: d throughout but only da first time e.

Truuu Rezpek da GODO style trans!!

1 Like

Da dongah zhowz uz da tru way

2 Likes

D!

It’s all settled now :dong:

2 Likes

D iz fo Dongah :dong:

3 Likes