Da Machine Debussy JAV Island - real or fake?

:thinking: Dizagree mate. Difficult to tell, but I wouldnā€™t cumpletely opt out the possibility that itā€™s indeed ABM.

1 Like

Da commercial release.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mAchtyu0ap4CB95AmHWaGuD427bPGOfc

The rec its from. Was Grieg Lyric PIece Melancholic in hie rep previouslyā€¦ ? is also thereā€¦ just checked yep is mickey standard from then

Yeah, this Deb Lā€™isle iz da same rec az da YT postā€¦

Hmm no album notes on Digi DL

It was in fact sourced from it.

I donā€™t doubt a FLAC copy is around among more gullible collectors in the trading community however - that is typically why these things are created. If you like this I also have a 1960s all-Godowsky recital with Fiorentino, an audience recording of Horowitz at a party in the 40s, and a couple of hundred of my friendsā€™ recordings - with different performances than what they caught.

4 Likes

So it is fake?

This stuff DOES exist but under the lock n key of Mr Cottle.

Obviously there is disagreement but MY assessment is that itā€™s not ABM playing.

Which is why itā€™s plausible

Relistenedā€¦ even if it is Mickey itā€™s just not a particularly useful recording from musical point of view.

Da consensus is still dat diz faked?

My problem with this kind of stuff is when only ONE piece from da supposed concert is floating around.

I have sum collector friends dat SWEAR dey saw the Liszt Polonaise 2 on an early recording log with Michelangeli, but it could very well haff been a piece he was slated to rec but never did.

1 Like