da pbs Chop comp documentary

Well yeah. Horowitz live F# minor Polonaise is better than anyone’s though.

But seriously, if you think Zimerman plays better Chopin than Moiseiwitsch… :angry:

Zimerman’s playing has Chopin’s SPIRIT.

I have listened to most of Moiseiwitsch Chopin recs. All I can say is that his Chopin is no where near other legendary Chopin pianists like Friedman, Rubinstein, Zimerman or Blechacz, the temporary one. This, however, doesn’t mean his Chopin is bad. He plays them very well, of course, but when compared to the aforementioned figures, Moiseiwitsch’s Chopin isn’t superior.

verrrrry true.

watch zimerman’s vid of him playing the complete chopin ballades and scherzo no 2 and you will be thoruoghly convinced that zimerman is the best chopin interpreter ever. he plays it just like chopin would have played it, i think.

I wonder who do the ‘consideration’.

:confused:

this is profoundly disturbing information

Zimerman is overrated.

yet highly underrated!

hahaha dat FO SHOR dun mean tiz gud :comme:

da chop wantz to play hiz work like da Pimp did

obviously polo pianiztz outzide poland who couldnt make it in da harzh poland would obviously be influenced by some jerks from america and asia (wif my whole rezpec) so they play tchaik1 and rach3 which they play very bad because of the school they had here yet they cant play nothing amazingly. give me young polish names which are quite interesting and they’re outside poland . not really . only da mik i believe.

and who does the judgment ?? i talked to lot very important proffesors in Poland and with many good players including Blechacz. and its not my judgement tho if i had to do it it would be definately the same .

Zimerman was never overrated. he is hell genius that he recorded 1% of his rep i read once. lol

So much for the vaunted Polish “taste”.

koji

It is impossible to show any evidence that anyone is good at playing Chopin. and it is of course da same foh pollini.

Unless you count the fact that he won da chop comp.

-da Meph

It’s definitely possible. I assume he won because of politics. I have all the sheeyat he played during da chop compet and my view is that he shudn’t advance to the final round.

no.

-da Meph