Da Pogo Mofo wants an 88 sensei

@Dr.TM and others. I want to learn how to be able to identify things like chords and modulations in pieces. Is there any good material that would equip moi with such knowledge. I don’t want college intro to music level info. I’d something that music students would need to learn to be able to read a score more deeply.

2 Likes

Hmmm basically you have to just learn to identify major + minor chords and inversions

Try and search some basic documents online, might not be too hard.

It might be good to analyze the Bach WTC C nah prelude (book 1) too

Best practice ever is big note song books (ones with just melody) once you learn the chords. The fatty’s showed you what notes were first time they were listed and cuz melodies are all familiar you know of your are off intuitively.

Prob why this type of music is ingrained in my psyche

1 Like

Rgiht, but I’d like to learn the in ands out of modulation (tension - resolution), etc.

How did Trumomma teach harmony to da Trumofo?

Is there a harmony book that explains diz sheeyat and also analyzes sections of classical works?

In hindsight I might’ve had a good teacher. She taught me augmented diminished etc. drilled me on them and called out cadences etc. Man my brain is so soggy now dun think I could do any of that.

She also had me map out chords and that shit in “serious” music. Not sure why - she also considered Liszt not serious :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I remember kind of…

Circle of 5ths in block chords using only fingers 2-5 on each hand (to make up the 8 note scale)

Diminished 7ths in arps sometimes regular sevenths to stretch.

She felt diminished 7th arps gave your a better grounding than triad arps cuz of where it placed the fourth finger and allowed you to play a real legato which was key to even playing (skeptical)

Hanon’s 6ths trill exercise if I seemed lazy to punish me.

When studying serious music I had to notate and remember chord progressions before doing my dilettante performance rapes for her.

Damn, you had an excellent and dedicated teacher.

1 Like

Fuck my brain is extra soggy. But this the prep she do. Hindsight make me think it was wise and I should have listened to this lady more.

https://youtube.com/shorts/S9C2bCRFUpw?feature=share