Da Raw Cziff Transfer Announce - Now Posted!

Formal announce of a quality fatty transfer of Prime cziffra using newest physical prep with no software or EQ lube to lube things up. Your tru cziff hymens will be def tear as cziff fury and brilliant pianos not always allowed to be seen by the public.

Will break tracks because shooting for non amacha on this due to cziff respect.

Should be done by this evening. Or 2024 melo style.

5 Likes

This is going to be fucking awesome!!!

Check out these harmonics/overtones!!! all the way up to freq hearing threshold when he slams big chords!!!

Sidenote this will callapse into ear raking skreetch sound if you dun got nice full range headphones so be warned!

1 Like

Is that a microscope you’ve got pointed at the stylus?

Haha I love izotope screenshots, especially zoom-ins.

massive, massive respect!

Yes, is microscope. I’ve been experimenting with measuring the diamond tip instead of the cantilever and to average it over its ideal angle of mechanical travel during playback for prime azimuth and VTA alignment. Thats why the arm and cantilever looks jacked. The diamond is right though.

This cziff rec first I dialed in this tight. Is worth it but an extreme pain in the rear.

I spent a few hours dialing this in and hand cleaned a dozen or so scratches because the algorithm messes up all the raw no EQ original dynamic goodness. Hoping to get the whole album done by Sunday night.

What you guys think of this so far? Worth the effort?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKQFyBtGgi_k97Dtr-ao3EWuEYugLp4Z/view?usp=sharing

Sounded good but a lot of raw noise. What do you feel about the aftermath of doing a bulk denoise?

Or, if you’re being less invasive, running decrackle (which probably improves it a bit imo and leaves all the high stuff untouched).

Yeah… I was afraid of that. If I listen to this on anything other than my critical listening neutral HP rig gonna sound VERY crispy with all the high freq energy/noise up there. Even on a good rig with not great time alignment it will all smear into surface of sun brightness instead of full more natural brilliant piano tonality.

Once I get something super accurate out for people to EQ and denoise, I’ll tinker with that end of things and see what shakes loose.

I’m only listening on Sennheisers plugged into the PC, but decrackling is quite natural. Using the noise profile at the start was surprisingly clean when I tried denoising it on a small sample but I was a bit skeptical it had affected the sound.

1 Like

It would be possible to manually repair some of the high frequency noise elements but doing that is so much work unless there’s a way a macro can be set up. I’ve done a full decrackle and profile learnt denoise as an experiment but I’ve done it using settings I normally use for private recordings and maybe they’re not optimal.

Listening now. AMAZINGLY clean considering the original but maybe the sound is affected. It’s SO different I can’t be objective.

I’m Audio Science Review hound so the my headphone rig is dramatically and well, uselessly over accurate.

When I denoise even lightly the magical lifelike high end clouds over unless I do it super lightly on small time domains and away from key strike impulses which is what I did here. Almost done with Un Sospiro. I’ll export a version that will keep the broader goodness minus the sizzle. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Needs more sophisticated noise reduction in a few spots - artefaction has resulted - (and cosmetic repair in a few others), but I am AMAZED how clean this is even in headphones.

https://app.box.com/s/evx5kn4do1d7xlqh0spk9cxplxqi96qk

1 Like

Its nuts!

I’m just learning how this software works so very likely doing something weird.

@festin check this out I used some stuff I do on 78s. Its duller but I can listen on my regular playback stuff without my ears melting. How these sound?

This is Sospiro.

Rawish
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1La0Cuki6YWD3V_O4hVsubUkR8R8sJzkC/view?usp=sharing

With software work
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LCaolkHJzaJ_L3gW3ff4Ws057kun0BE6/view?usp=sharing

you’ve got the same link for both :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OH damn! Hang on

1 Like

Side note… this Sospiro is just insanely beautiful and colorful.

I think you’re doing denoise wrongly.

Select the intro up to just before the 88 begins (with the hiss/crackle), go to denoise, click learn and that will give it an approximate noise profile for the whole file. If there are any big spectral spikes evident in the intro, try to repair or delete them before running the learn. Then select all and denoise. I’ll try that now on the original file and upload the result in a bit.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been using general denoise tools. I get a bit paralyzed by all the options in the learn/spectrum feature and always seem to over do it. Holy crap the tarantella transferred really good!!

My pc is ancient and really slow, but to give you some idea…

reasonably confident this will come out ok, but we’ll see…

1 Like

Mostly worked: noise gone! A few of the high notes I’m not keen on, and there were some click type noises of a spectral kind which usually respond well to repair treatment - in both cases I didn’t check the original for and with the clicks it’s quite possible they were there to begin with.

mp3 ul as my ul ‘speed’ is uber :wim: due to not being in a city and UK broadband being generally sheeyat

https://app.box.com/s/iwnhze9o6908g4f13knv85jb92u8s0kj

1 Like