Debargue will perform Alkan's concerto for solo piano

I just saw on Facebook that Lucas Debargue will perform Alkan’s concerto for solo piano. Very interesting!

" Lucas is bringing ➡️ 29, October to Toronto Koerner Hall a NEW exciting PROGRAM. Among others, he is playing “Concert for solo piano” by Charles-Valentin Alkan, cryptic French romantic composer and pianist. About “Concert for solo piano” is said: "The style and form of the music take on a monumental quality - rich, thickly set textures and harmonies, conjure up the sound world of a whole orchestra and tax the performer, both physically and mentally, to the limit.”

1 Like

That will be sick!!!

2 Likes

hahaha i wundah if he wuz feelin a WEE bit of prezzha to learn thiz zheeyat :ho:

until next tym :skull: :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That hit the g spot of my pun-gina.

1 Like

Debargue, when Wee’s name is mentioned:

A mofo.

If he plays it half as well as the Wee rec dat’s a result.

4 Likes

he played only da firzt mvmt, explaining da whole zheeyat waz too long to fit in a prog part

a LIE cuz afterward he played 20 minz of chop encorez
sum orcheztral / big picture qualitiez but overall a bit ZLOW :comme:
his tech mo comparable to da gibbonz den da :doc:
alzo a WTF bright tone non-JEFF piano :lib:

diz waz filmed and zhud appear on Concerts in a few dayz

3 Likes

Basically a bit of a bait n switch?

Rezpek :sunglasses:

3 Likes

from hiz perspective he programmed zart n chop in firzt half az a bait to non piano nerdz :whale:

2 Likes

Vixen tactics!

1 Like

She so wise. I want to publish a book with her called:

“Art of Whore”

1 Like

Niiiiice

Is already here if zum1 haz da accezz, if no I can try to rip it aftah eaztah Lucas Debargue performs Mozart, Chopin, and Alkan

Debargue is extremely overrated.

Hell, pussy is probably overrated! (I wouldn’t know)

3 Likes

I went to Debargue at last rectal at Carniggah. Of course he played Gaspard (he’s no prime (Festin) Pogo). Can’t even remember what else he played.

3 Likes

He had some excellent moments at the competition, but I’ve found him boring since then.

2 Likes

No accezz, prolly not gud

He playd some really good Medtner

Yeah, his Medtner is about the only thing I’ve liked.

1 Like