diz site requires moar kapustin (now with new etude)

8)

hahahaha dang! :doc:

gud work n much rezpec fo learnin thiz zhorly difficult et :gav:

tru

awesome. my fav of tha set :doc:

i already have 2 3 and 6 done… zuggestionz fo da next one? 8)

Nice! Rezpec for playing diz bro

I’m thinking of starting Raillery when I have time, actually seems doable too, if I read through it. And Pastorale (that’s 6 I think?). Most of the work seems to go into finding the right fingerings, jazz chords/scales are quite diff from what i’m used

btw u messed up the title in the youtube description

yeah pastorale is the 6th one, user fredericrouel has a very admirable upload of that piece.

and ooops i copied the text header from my other vid and forgot to change it - will get around to it when back on a real computer. thanks for pointing it out!

How long did it take you to learn a Kap etude? I know you’re one hell of a sightreader so I shouldn’t compare, but holy shit these are HARD. Takes me such a long time to find comfortable fingerings and then also be able to play it… Anyway I should get a vid of Raillery soon, hopefully I’ll learn some more faster now that I ‘understand’ everything a bit better.

It took me 2 days for this though I got most of the work done in about 90 minutes in one sitting & the rest to polish… maybe a total of about 3 to 4 hours’ actual practice time?

Nice revival of this thread though, I just finished cobbling together the 3rd from the op68 set (the one in 3rds and 6ths). Will upload that one by Tuesday.

Haha

fuck you

8)

8)

rezpec though 8)

tbh the 3rd in the op68 set is the easiest… i really like the 1st, but after watching the video of that italian dude at the competition, that was immensely discouraging.

i think kapustin really gets much easier to play/learn once you’ve traversed a representative portion of his work, and also listened to his music A WHOLE LOT (i’ve been looping his music daily just to prep for the concert i’m doing).

i’ve just went through a big “jazz fase”, accompanying written modern pieces written in jazz style, having done a bernstein musical and playing and indeed, listening to a lot of kapustin’s music

it’s just a whole diffirent world, not very accessible at first but once you get the hang of it you hand “forms” itself to the chords/notes much better. I have to say my technique went up like crazy from just one kapet

nowhere near 100% of course…

Rezpec man

I have to say that it’s insane how much you’ve improved over the last couple of years that I’ve been watching your vids.

And I also like how we have a very similar wrist/hand position :sunglasses:

I think I’ll have my kap up in 2 or 3 weeks, I’m not as fast as you :smiley: