Evgeny Kissin - repertoire (updated version)

hahaha no
he expulsed da MART from a rehearzal :sunglasses:

2 Likes

He at least seems happy these days. For a while, during the ‘00s, he seemed downright miserable. And it seemed to come through in his performances.

1 Like

Did he have a stutter? I remember weird pauses but they gave me impression he was translating from Russian in his head. He do pauses in Russian ya think?

I’ve never thought of that, his wife there. That could very well have been what tipped things in a positive direction.

I should refrain from further comments out of respect for Kreso, but my problems with him earlier were essentially three fold. First simplistic pianism and little to say with what he played musically, center of attention was always the robotic and laser precise piano playing. Secondly the atrocious sound production, and third that at least from the mid 00s somewhere everything sounded so forced.

From the 11/12 season however I think he’s started to work more like a musician again. I don’t like everything he plays, but there hasn’t been a program since I haven’t found worth hearing. Sound production maybe not that much difference, but he’s somehow made it an integral part of his playing style - and musically everything is super solid, well thought through, and often fascinating.

No stutter, but he can take an hour to say three words.

For the record I have difficulties speaking in real time in English as well, but not like that.

Yeah, I don’t think it is a language problem. First minutes here and he’s doing better than I would.

My English is pretty bad and I’m a native speaker.

If you only knew how difficult it is to study. :slight_smile: I deeplearned it when I was 6-7yo, but studying both German and English in school German was a paradise of rules and logic next to English.

3 Likes

When did you learn mofo? :comme:

1 Like

Haha personally, I learned mofo c 2004 when ma azz first ztarted viziting DASDC n getting ma azz banned regularly :tm:

1 Like

Still relying on Google Translate for that

Azpergerz IZ autizm. Juzt a mild high functioning form.

1 Like

But at leazt he wuz not rehearzing

fo da

zake…

Ov rehearzing :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know little about this. I thought Asperger was a wastebin diagnosis where they grouped together any mild socially atypical behaviour, whereas autism was more clearly defined with social impairment, extremely channeled interests, dependance on an orderly surrounding, etc.

Not quite, in many areaz da term azpergerz iz being phazed out in favour ov AZD - autiztic zpectrum dizordah

Azpergerz iz juz da very high functioning end, according to many

But zum dizpute diz and very much prefer a zeperation and think zhould be treated in very different wayz

1 Like

Think they are all autism spectrum now… its all very loosey goosey. If I wasn’t able to focus on things I’m interested in, well, almost pathologically… I’d probably be a homeless dude. Not sure if that’s an illness exactly even with downside. Tho gotta clarify I’d worked with folks at the other end of spectrum and you get severe verbal and physical problems that are no joke. Just don’t agree with lumping in non standard behavior with folks that have real deep and serious challenges.

1 Like

I love da analogy I thought ov to trainz n 4x4 off road vehiclez

a mind wiz azpergahz iz lyk an ultra efficient channelled train, great when itz on da trackz

but ztrugglez wiz any off road deviationz and ztandard elementz ov lyf

whereaz mozt people are zome degree ov a 4x4 - dey don’t have da inzane potential ov da train when placed in a ztraight line, but dey are much mo adaptable to changez and many different zheeyatz. Jack ov all trade at life.

Mofoz wiz azpergahz can be a maztah at da zheeyatz dey obzezz on but an abzolute mezz in da rezt ov deir life :dong:

1 Like

Source?

Hahaha I rememba da ZEPP found diz back in da day

Twuz a queztionnaire where fanz cud azk him queztionz

1 ov da queztionz wuz why doezn’t he play muzik lyk da KANcerto, and if he could

he zaid zumzheeyat lyk…tru I cud but I only chooze to play good muzik :sunglasses: