Evgeny Kissin - repertoire (updated version)

I think it is too difficult for him :wink:

1 Like

Seriously, Alkan is a “special” composer. His personality certainly falls outside most social norms in that it is so soaked in irony, prone to extremes, etc. I adore him, but because of these personality traits I think he’ll always be an outcast.

Further I can’t imagine Kissin playing the concerto at all, I think they’re two incompatible spirits. At least concerning the first movement. Maybe a few of the Esquisses. La Stacatissimo for instance is a bit… Kissinesque.

1 Like

Hahah but in otha way…da :kan: iz very azpergahz-y

and da GENIE iz alzo very azpergahz-y :sunglasses:

Yeah there’s something to that.

And when I think about it a second turn now I do think he’d play the 3rd mvt of the Concerto brilliantly. Or at least that he would have with his more “clean” tech driven style of the 90s.

The first movement of the Kancerto is a bit shit …

1 Like

wot da…?

:hammer:-:japanese_goblin:-:dagger:

Best thing ever

I find myself wanting it to end …

1 Like

:whale::whale::whale:

I’ll try again on Saturday. The 3rd mvt is amazing though

1 Like

I’ve long suspected da zepp is Sokolov’s troll account here.

Now we’ve probably found Kissin too.

3 Likes

haahah DAIMMMM da MEPH iz da GENIE? :lib:

1 Like

In a bottle …

2 Likes

Hahaha n da :kan: KAN juz don’t rub u da ryt way? :sunglasses:

Oh damn that remind of the pink panties in da fighta song. Surely a golden era for music this.

Edit song is “dirty” shame

This song better than 40 of the 48 kan sketches tho

1 Like

I’m joking of course - as said above most Alkan is “special”.

Try a different rec though. I personally dislike Hamelin’s 1st mvt for instance if that was your introduction to it.

dun u mean Dirrty? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love da KAN. I just believe the 1st mvt of the Kancerto is his weakest movement in any of his lagre scale works (symphony, sonatina, grande sonata, Kancerto).

However, this might just be me not knowing the piece well enough. Will listen again on saturday

1 Like

Oh damn yes !

Weird with the opposition against it here. Festin is another kanophile, but doesn’t like it either. As to me it was the very movement which won me over to him. My first exposure to Alkan was his early salon, style brillant pieces, and those weren’t too hot.

1 Like