Famous pianists that you randomly don't like

Daim, you iz harzh on deze legendahs.

1 Like

Da brendel early recs are insanely and inexplicably low quality. I respek he capitalized on his look to play a shit ton of prof rep in capitalistic fashion. A bit like yuja in that respect - though she would def play that rep better!

1 Like

It’s amazing how uniformly all of you hate on da Brendel.

1 Like

Yuja is consistently glittering in everything she plays, for better or for worse.

Sum mofos even praised the Brendull pimpson. Damn! The fuck!

2 Likes

The worst part is when I sort my playlist on most listens there are two brendel CDs in the top 20. This can’t be explained.

1 Like

Illuminati confirmed.

Plus Da Asians have raised the bar of sheer competence for all mofos.

hahaha dis unexpected funkinezz

He sees dis music in square lines. It’s curves :lola:

da voicing :man_facepalming:

Tbf :pimp: jus not Brendull suitable

2 Likes

Oh god.

Yeah that’s pretty clunky, totally literal and not orchestral in any way, shape, or form.

The fuck!!?

Is dat Da PPP mofo’s source of inspiration?

1 Like

Guys, Brendel didn’t come from a wealthy or connected family. He only became well known into his 30’s. Whatever fame he received was earned. I know pianists that were praised here that are fans…so…there.

I’d much rather hear it played by da ppp mofo, truly.

Might at least be CG.

:zif:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

What does that mean?

Coincidentally. Not a Cziffra fan at all. I do like a few of his virtuoso trannies, and that’s it.

Da :zif: certainly didn’t come from a rich, well-connected background.

3 Likes

yeah for various reasons he got some legit fans. Bizarre imho.

But yeah, that was before the bar was set sky-high by the Asians.

What bar? Name 10 asians from the last 20-30 years that not only have a superhuman mechanism, but great sound quality, legato, cantabile playing, and some sort of musical conception of the work they are playing that is captivating and not grotesque.

1 Like

really too many to list… I’ve heard so many insanely detailed and beautiful performances from Asian (mostly Chinese) kids at da various colleges.

Yun-Chin Zhou (and even Fei-Fei Dong) come to mind.

The bar has been set so impossibly high in every way. Damn, I still remember a crazy great Rachmaninoff Corelli from a random Chinese chick at MSM.

Um, the best conservatory students can outplay the likes of Brendull, etc. From pretty much every perspective. Real tech is not just mechanics, it truly is understanding which elements to bring out etc…

Damn, Yen-Yu Chen got all dose qualities too. Literally every decent conservatory student, bro. It’s crazy out there…

@festinfurious back moi up on dis. It’z pretty damn inconceivable for a Brendull-type mofo to get a cult going these days.

that’s a cantabile.

1 Like

just too many to list… literally every conservatory student dat ever got anywhere… the level is pretty damn high.