from whence come da fury

once again, but this time in english, please.

:approved:

:whale: :whale:

DIZ POZT SHUD BE ARCHIVED

hahaha fuck, i vil read diz when i wake up :whale:

man, i come here hoping to get away from 88 sheeyat pozt. Just wack a few JEEBUS referencez and quote a bible verse and twill be da authentic sheeyat. :stop:

…an den jeebus sez: "yo wat da fuck yall throwin rocks at dat bitch fo?

an some random mofo sez: “yo man, check dis, dis bitch be a slut”

den da jeebus say: “i knowz fo a fact, dat at leazt a few of you mofos boned bitches nastiah dan diz cunt, an haz done otha sheeyat dat yall dun een wanto hear aboutz…zo iz da only mofo dat should be throwin da rocks at dis ho.”

an all da mofos be ashamed an shit, and dey ztop thwrowin shit at da slut.

da jeebus den zay to da slut: “who yo daddy?”

da jeebus knew dat da slut would haff given him head at dat point, but her elbowz were too pointy, an he’d had bettah, zo he sez: “next time use a condom. iz out uff hea.”

hahahahahaha, i commizzion a rewrite of da whole bible

Fcuk, I actually thought this woulda been an interesting discussion.

TLDR :comme:

Yeah, a bit, still interesting tho, and along the lines of what Gensuiking and Volodos talks about.

HAHAHAHA DA ZLUT!
Diz not da King James Version of da bible, methinks 8)

Hahaha!!!

Da SDC bible cummah!
englishtoghetto.com/ghettobible/

But seriously what was this ancient thread about?

tl;dr technique is in the mind not in the fingers. Hard to wrap ones mind (lol) around, but many consummate artists claim that’s where the money’s at.

In the sense that the mind controls the fingers, that’s true (the reason I can’t play piano anymore).
But there are physical barriers/limits as well obviously.

Yeah, something like that.
These guys don’t even seem to think in terms of fingers; if you have a high enough quality in your musical ideas and try to not interfere things just magically happen, or something like that. I don’t know, because I’m not really able to do it.

However, I always make the same technical mistakes in my internal playing, and if I can fix it internally it gets fixed externally as well, so I think there’s something to it. My imagination probably sucks…

Have you stopped playing completely?

Yeah for the last three years or so.
Although that’s partly because I left my piano in Australia.
If I ever have kids or a piano-playing wife I’ll ship it over.
Yeah, I don’t buy that “the magic will happen” argument.
Some people are able to find the right way easily and naturally, others need to struggle before eventually working things out.
I belonged to the latter group but I got there in the end.

Whut kind of 88?

Mannn, da TRUMOFO pozz needs to get mah Yamaha C3 redone… it’s been pounded to sheeyat. Missing sum bass strings too, I refuse to replace da fuckaz - $50 a string! Fuck!

Oh man, that seems horrible, I don’t know what I’d do if I had to stop or sumtn.

I think the “magic will happen thing” is to not at all think about what you’re doing, just concentrate on what’s going on in your mind and what you’re listening to.
Easier said than done of course…

I don’t know.
No amount of reading about how to play piano or even my teachers really helped much.
Scales, exercises and some serious chair time is what it took for me to get my playing to a professional level.
I know there are quite a few mofos here who had an easier time of it.
E.g. e60m5 used to practise 2-3 hours a day in high school and he had a pro level tech by the time he was about 14.
Even now he plays da kan concerto while working full time as a barrister.
That’s a level of talent I obviously lacked.

It’s an Estonia Parlour Grand, 190cm long.
It’s a beautiful piano and I loved it.
I bought it new in 2011.

Yeah, same here, reading about tech hasn’t really gotten me anywhere.
Same with teachers, 99% of skill is from noodling around.
Still hoping for someone to come up with some guruwiz sentence that makes my mind click and gives me insta-kancerto skills.