Hardest piece you've played.

Rezpek!

I request a cold unleash of da 10-2

Btw TM what recording device (video test recs) are you using? I want to purchase one zis year, but it should be very simple to use/upload and if pozzible without too much distortions in sound.

I think the mechanics are definitely part of it! I think it still sounds pianistic (unlike most of Tchaikovskyā€™s piano works).
The first mov especially is dam awkward and famous for it. Part of his genius I guess is unique figurations; whether they fit 100% around the fingers is secondary. Like Beethovenā€™s famous fiddle quote.

I find it amazing that if you break down the technical side of things, how 99% of the piano writing is built around a few basic figurations. Then you come acorss something like the 2nds in Scarbo or the RH figuration in the bene-dick-tion and you fell like you have to completely re-learn technique.

chopzon2 mvt 1 and 2 tiz clearly da hardah zheeyat by far, compared to da chopzon 3

8)

hahahaa i rememabh when tha legendary NOR azkd thiz to tha GAV on tha gav forumz
tha ZCRIB 8 apparently wuz tha GAVā€™s hardezt piece heā€™z playd tru :gav:

fo me i wud zay tha zame az tha mikey tha liget6
wit correct metronome practice (haff tha beat on every 5 or 3 or 4 or 7 for certain partz) it vill cummah togetha and git a bit eaziah to wrap yo brain around and u git tha feel of it but ther iz juz too many placez where you need zum inzane LH 55555555555555 repeatahz that probably u wonā€™t pull off live; n dun really pull off very well during prax eitha

pozz :lib:

A few of my friend did a Scrib Zon tour and came to the cunclusion 6 was da hardestā€¦

haha I juzt looked at the muzic for the firzt time in lyk 5 yearz. I forgot all about da 555555. What a fucker haha

ligeti - entrelacs
michael finnissy - skryabin in itself
james dillon - dragonfly (cuz of the fucked middle section rhythms)
strav - pedoucheka (cuz of last mvt left hand double thirds/tremolos fuck)
xenakis - a.r.

1 Like

Is there a cheat for that Petroushka passage?

i mean you can leave out notes, and I think some folks doā€¦

Hardezt cummah in2 2 categoriez -

Hardez to ā€˜get down da notezā€™
n
Hardez to ā€˜bring to perf levelā€™

How about da

Hardest chick u pursued? 8)

HAHAHA da mikey hypokrittycizm :sunglasses:

1 Like

Reger Variations on a theme of Bach
Scriabin 8th
Chop-God WW
Tchaik 4th
Death and the Maiden

5 Likes

Do you think Regerā€™z Bach varz would work well in da zame programme az Godowzkyā€™z pazzacaglia or wud dat be baroque-romantic hyper contrapuntal overload? :sunglasses:

tiz an inzanely complex piece, a huge compliment to da work dat Schiff performed it, conziderin he iz a bit ov a Bach purizt

1 Like

Currently struggling real hard with Lisztā€™s 1838 Paganini 4b etude. Iā€™d say itā€™s the hardest single-movement work I ever took up.

Though all in all Iā€™d say the Schumann Concerto as a whole. Itā€™s also the hardest I ever performed.

Other close contenders include the Scriabin b minor fantasy and Mozart Concerto No. 15.

1 Like

I would definitely be down for hearing such a cool program. The Passacaglia is also brutally difficult, but a masterpiece, imo.

1 Like

Both in B minor too :sunglasses: Very zatizfying key.

I find dat a low B minor chord iz da lowezt mozt brutally epic chord on a piano wizout it zoundin muddy.

Palmgren prelude 12 wikidly endz wiz hollow low 5thz in A

I find it intereztin how diz zoundz bell lyk but a bit muddy whereaz B minah iz much mo full + rich zoundin

Fo example if Zcriabinā€™z Fant wuz tranzcriabed 2 zemitonez flatā€¦it wud juz zound muddy n wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, there are some truly mindblowing sonorities throughout this epic work. Still kicking myself for not having learned it back when I had the chops and the chair time.

1 Like