Hardest piece you've played.

Brotha111
Chopzon 2
Pimpzon
Rappah 9 (way harder den it sounds)
Brahms Paganini book 2
Tchaik F major vars (unpenizdick as FUCK)
Chopets 25-8, 25-11
Bach Partita 5 (a real BITCH BITCH BITCH)

4 Likes

Reszpek.

One day, da Roman-Rapzā€¦one day. Da Hindu song izt reel gud in da 3rd sekszon.

Wud u zay rappah 9 iz da hardezt rappah?

And iz dat part ov da reazon u pickd it? :sunglasses:

Da hardest part is mastering all da mini-techs equally

And getting a mild gypsy vibe but not too much :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Diz wud explain why u prefah da gilelz interp :sunglasses:

mild gypzy vibe iz no good, u need TRU gypzy vibe :zif:

But tru I wud actually zay it dependz how each HR iz performed

HR2 at DOC level iz inzanely hard, az iz MOTEL level HR6

When all iz zaid and done, performance level iz da tru defining factor

1 Like

From what I can think of mine are Chop/God 25, Danse Russe, Alkan 20 ans, and Niobe, but since there are some real pianists here Iā€™ll quickly point out that I play at an amateur level. In the Chop/God I struggled to make the melody audible, and all the others had passages I never completely conquered.

Maybe controversially Iā€™ve also played the Liszt sonata, Norma, Islamey and HRs 8/9, but I never had as much problem with them. If I was still enrolled in a conservatory I wouldnā€™t have been ashamed to play them at a student recital, but the four above not really.

3 Likes

Do u think 20 anz workz well az a ztandalone concert piece?

I wuz thinkin about ztartin a thread on zonata movementz dat work az ztandalone concert piecez, tiz annoyin dat mozt people believe u haf to play da whole zon

Fo example a recital ov zelected Haydn movementz wud be good, and Weberā€™z 1zt zon finale alwayz worked alone

1 Like

Encore perhaps.

I think 30 ans could be programmed though.

1 Like

Tru 30 anz Iā€™m zure wuz proggd alone by Pierz Lane iirc?

But 20anz wuz proggd on da LIB roque DVD zhorly u rememba dat!

Well anything CAN be programmed, question is if itā€™s a good idea. :wink:

Maybe, I canā€™t immediately think of how it would fit in to a program. Quasi-Faust however I think would work great on its own, serving the same role as the Chop Fantasy, Dante sonata or similar.

1 Like

From wat i founded out from zam reezerch befooreā€¦diz papah by chinese female mofo pianisztā€¦menzion old recital programmesz and canonical musicological perfs were nonexisztentā€¦you wud get da 3rd movt outta 4 movts of zon and fine.

Plus da applausz i believe could be while playin lol. I think.

Learned to a decent-ish level: Chopin Barcarolle
Learned to rape level: 10-2, La Campanella, HR6

Spanish Rhapsody will take the cake once I finish learning it

2 Likes

Random non-piano answer: La Catedral by Barrios. Though embarrassingly easy compared to what you piano mofos learn.

2 Likes

@Dr.TM, you found WW difficult? You seemed to learn it so easily.

ahahah REZPEC yozelf!! :gav:

becuz da zepp anzah to diz thread iz ALZO a non-88 zheeyat

zumwut :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Any recz? Iā€™d lyk to hear yo amacha zelf

1 Like

On this subject, I think the distinction drawn by Koji between pieces that are difficult to play and pieces that are difficult to perform is very important (Chopetz :chop: :zif: :rectum: vz. ChopGodz :doc: :lib: - Which iz hardah?): e.g. the Alkan Concerto is more difficult to play than the Alkan Symphony, but (in my view, and for pianists who can convincingly play both) the Alkan Symphony is in some ways more difficult to perform than the Alkan Concerto.

2 Likes

No you would not.

I have a MiniDisc of me playing from when I was about 16-17, but that is the only recording Iā€™ve made of myself. I donā€™t really play to perform, I play to study and to have fun. Think fattyfatman, minus the rape.

1 Like

Oh, I did post a rec of me in a transcendental study here last year. But that was a complete rape. :yum: I hadnā€™t practiced it, we talked about it here and I just walked down and recorded it.

I think itā€™s fair to say I embarrassed myself at a maztahclazz with da :kan: Beethoven 3 tranny. My mood wasnā€™t improved by a mofo doing a very respectable Scharwenka 4(?)

Live and learnā€¦ pozz.

1 Like