Hatto

Well, I assume it’s a bi-monthly publication… and they would need time to gather more proof. etc.

its not a bi-monthly publication. I’m thinking James Jolly (the editor) wants us to assume that this is a April Fool’s joke.

Or maybe I’m way off the mark altogether. Nevertheless, let’s see.

They sound too different to me. Take a look at measures 5 and 6- the notes Godowsky wanted accented (F#, E in measure 5 RH, D in measure 6 LH) stand out significatly in the Grante recording compared with the Hatto.

I’d be interested in hearing a sample of Bronfman’s rach 2. The ‘Hatto’ is actually my favourite version.

Ok, Godowsky - ready to eat your words?

10/4 - Grante on Top: Hatto on bottom:

Here’s the audio - both recs at the same time(Hatto is in your LEFT channel and Grante in your Right):

box.net/public/static/3d1ryb4bue.ogg

They’re EXACTLY the same. I had to slow the Hatto one down by a few percentage points, but when their timings match - they’re the same performance EXACTLY except for some added reverb in the Hatto. (I always wondered why her recordings sound so dead - that’s added to cover up the artifacts that are introduced during the time stretching phase) DAMN.

fuckkkk that’s conclusive imo. and the mazeppa wuz a shot for shot duplicate. I ought to get the word “mug” tattooed on my forehead. I just hope that Fiorentino’s name won’t be dragged into all this.

fuck dis is a bit messed up. a bit deceiptful

ahahahahha fuck

I’m on a roll tonite :smiley:

I sense alot of lawsuits coming on… this is rather conclusive

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

i spent 80 bucks on Hattoooooooooooo

damn it

and god… i hope they get their ass sued and lost the copyright of all fiorentino recording to Hyperion

:dong: “i play on all of da :doc: cd’s!”

1 Like

Ok, more fuel for the fire: Grante on top, Hatto underneath - This is 10-1 Version 2:

And the audio : Grante on right channel: Hatto on left. They’re identical beyond any shadow of a doubt.

http://www.box.net/public/static/7kvcnm64h0.ogg

Hyperion is scarcely better what with all their legal problems and all. APR had those bronzed discs (Hyperion too), VAI sells CD-R at full price without telling (Hofmann volumes), alot of these so called “legitimate” independent companies (as opposed to the blatantly pirated italos) are not as squeaky clean as one might imagine.

Oh, I know. There’s so much underhanded shit going on in this industry that it’s impossible to know who to trust. Labels like M&A, Marston, Pearl and Naxos continually get their transfers pirated by these shitty cheap labels.

This is MUCH worse though… Having proven two of these tracks to be identical, I don’t see any reason to believe that she played on ANY of her CDs. And if this is true, they have alot to answer for.

I like my money, and when I get gauged to pay exorbitant prices to ship FAKE CDs from overseas, well… I’m pissed.

yeah for real. These are amongst the most expensive discs I have ever bought. I was going to order the ravel set for my birthday. I’m so glad I hadn’t gotten around to it yet.

I’ve sent my angry email, and I advise you to do the same.

Info@concertartistrecordings.com

yeah done. This whole affair is nasty business. I basically asked for an explanation. I think that’s the least we deserve, I don’t expect to get any money back after BIS etc have taken CA to the cleaners.

The one good thing to come out of all of this is that we have more proof that Tom Deacon doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground

hahah yes! But now Lemken is going to think he’s queen bee. And actually I always thought he was a twat. I think I’ll just avoid those usenet and yahoo groups. De lucia’s already making predictions: Hatto’s Ravel is really Hewitt!!! Lol why they would choose Hewitt (assuming her ravel is like her bach) is beyond me.

This is just shocking!!! :astonished:

Brew, your favorite Rach 2 may have been Bronfman’s after all.

damn this is very unlegendary indeed. its a good thing i didnt invest the time looking for her messiaen, which i looked forward to hearing until now.