Incident in Lucerne-- Sokolov vs. Martin Meyer/Brendel

But then that would be on topic :rectum:

I really really dislike his playing. God. No wonder Berezovsky simply had to slight him.

1 Like

?

If I remember correctly Berezovsky once derided the Austrian concertgoing public for “liking pianists like Brendel”…

1 Like

:laughing:

tru, i just don’t understand how so many people like brendel, and believe that he is the best there is atm.

exactly, sheeples need to open up their ears. He is so far the only pianist who got famous with mediocre musical ability and epic pretentiousness.

What happened to his ‘retirement’? Shouldn’t he be gone already?

Some of his early recordings can be quite elegant, and I love his Vox recordings from the 50s. However, his arrogance is something inexcusable. It was Liszt who said that learning to become a great musician is learning to become a great human being. Insulting colleagues, especially living ones, is totally unbecoming. Brendel also dismisses all of Rachmaninov as “a waste of time.” Ashkenazy often said generally, “If somebody does not like Rachmaninov, I have serious doubts about his qualities as a human being.”

1 Like

ahahaha truuuu

da zock prel16 fo eg, if i didn noe twuz da SOCK i wud dizz it az an average NOR rec taken from a chilean comp to raize fundz fo mine zurvivahz 8)

3 Likes

BANNED

3 Likes

hahaha

Actually he played the Prelude #16 as an encore as well-- it was hair-raising at least on that occasion.

:comme:

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fuckkkk!

Basically, blind listening is da way to go

1 Like

@Slava_Pogorowitz

So?

So I guezz da brendull wuz speaking to u zpecifically :dong:

Wuz you in da audience ?

I don’t get your point? He doesn’t like Sokolov. What does that matter to me?