Iz da SDC Dyin' Bro?

Current one (C3) is near the end of its life and always sounded way too huge for this smallish room. Now it is so unbearably bright and the action is totally subpar and not even worth rebuilding.

Baby grand should be more than enough. Fine for a robust prax 88. Will try it out soon.

Living Pianos guy we as selling a Chickering Baby Grand.

Get up at 7am, eat, do at least 2 hours on keyboard while good-for-nothing bitchboi neighbors sleep whatever.

Den switch to da real 88.

Pozz a 30 min walk.

Den work generally from around 4 or 5pm to past 11pm.

1 Like

What do you prax? Do you just go over trouble spots in pieces? Memorization? Do you only prax and da 88 or do sit with the score away from da 88? Do you do any warmups?

This grind respectable.

Idle hands become satanic. I think that’s how the saying goes.

:japanese_ogre: :raised_back_of_hand:

1 Like

2 Likes

Could you (capable of, that is) unleash all 4 Scherzi in a live rectal right now?

My point fingers are weak as shit. A 1-2 trill at anything approaching decent speed is impossible. My 4-5 trill is better than my 1-2. If a trill involves my pointer, I have to really use my wrists to generate momentum.

Nope, but as I get closer to the album I will stream all 4 in a row. And a separate stream for Sonata 2 + Barcarolle

They are all elusively hard. Limiting yourself to this sort of “smoothed out” and richly pedaled tonal palette while retaining interest - is tough as fuck.

All this work to sound like a smooth shaved pussy. Just wow.

Can’t wait to rape the entire Liszt TEz on my new Yamaha until the floor actually collapses

:tractor: :woman:

2 Likes

1-2 is pretty tricky. Everyone is wired differently.

Whose perfs are your ideal?

For some reason, it’s difficult to raise my 2nd finger up high when attempting 1-2 trills.

I try not to listen to perfs after starting work on the stuff. Nothing is ever ideal anyway lmao.

The general approach of Moiseiwitsch is pretty nice imo.

I’d say, in their own way, these 4 Scherzi are the hardest fuckers I’ve done.

Unrelated, but I’m on a Fou Ts’ong kick lately. I was listening to Nocturne Op. 37/2 and I wishing thinking that this doesn’t sound too difficult. The tempo is moderate. No long scalar passages at supersonic speeds. Then I went on IMSLP and saw that it’s almost all in thirds and sixths…oh well.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah, that thing is pretty hard.

Yeah, you know, you are right. In the 1-2 position. The 2nd finger feels stronger in the lower half of its range. I’ll give that a try.

Da Trumomma recommend to draw in finger 2 lightly.

It’s just the way most people are wired, my left hand can do crazy stuff with da thumb but it is far “slower” in the right hand.

Found you on virtu-academy. It’s tempting, but dat Liza Wu looks hot as fuck.

1 Like

Yeah bro, I’m literally swamped with students now. They actually advertise pretty heavily on there.

Daim I’d take lesson with dat Liza Wu myself truuu

Any of the teachers on there should be good, and the rates are ridiculously cheap as people will do anything to get stuff on resume etc.

Soon you’ll have to pay to teach