1 Like

:banned:

Kidding! Welcome!

1 Like

Lol thank you all

1 Like

Yeah we iz pretty friendly

Rezpek!

Welcome! I’m in the office through the weekend delivering some BS for my white collar slavery gig. Will check these out after crunch time ends Wednesday.

The only repos I’ve used are the ones @k-nar turned me onto and that I can run in colab.

2 Likes

tru the eloimofo was discuzzed here

2 Likes

I decided to coast while i ride out the last quarter of this gig so thinking about this thread again.

Ideal processing for old piano recs.

1. Reductive - Using K-nars glorious repo shits to exorcise noise demons from old recs

2. Additive - replace lost or missing info
    a. Freq Spectrum Repair - ideally a piano trained neural net
    b. Ambient Repair - a million convolution models for this

3. Mastering - restoring transients, amplitude drop and general spectral horrors from records.

I dun know what to do for 2a? There is saturation stuff but its stupid and that feature in izotope basically doesn’t work except for garbage dialogue demos.

tru I alzo arrived at this cuntcluzion since
noise >> signal in da high freq we should juz rebuild them from da cleaned low freqz

1 Like

On 2a there some dialogue spectral enhancers that work good for voice and trained on that. I found one that allows freqency band intensity adjustment. Poss use it for overtones it work ok without raping fundamentals and low stuff in piano recordings?

Will check it out tonight or tomorrow.

I was fiddling around with an 88 railway station vid and managed to reduce noise almost totally with a combo of noise reduction, eq-ing and then adding reverb to compensate for the resulting flat sound.

1 Like

That stuff take patience and skills tho. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Before

https://twitter.com/stvlaura/status/1457678604800770053

After

Just how much noise I’ve taken out is particularly obvious when it gets pp near the end. Still think the denoised etc one lack a bit of body despite being IMMENSELY cleaner.

I was trying the de-rustle and de-wind features in Izotope but they didn’t really help.

1 Like

Dramatically better!

Curious what Knars de noise AI stuff will do to modern noise? If you send me file I can see if I remember how to run it in collab.

original audio

should be no problem to dl it from this message (right click, save audio if on pc)

bear in mind this was extracted from the tweet and other than that I don’t have any access to what she recorded, which really complicated denoising seeing as I didn’t have any “no piano” background public noise sample to prime the denoiser with. I did some manual noise correction of various ambient noises as well.

1 Like

Here she be.

1 Like

Sounds same kinda

Yeah still quite noisy imo but I mean, it’s a very busy public place. It’s a miracle I got it the way I did and that was a several pass process and obviously I spent much more than a few mins on it…

1 Like

Speaking of AI stuffs. I just tried Accentize DxRevive Pro to try to fix an old Cortot file. Oh boy… sheeeyat. It start making weird vowel sounds etc. Mildly satanic.

1 Like

Haha I remember denoising stuff on my first album. Some really weird shit. Yes the hall was nominally locked off and no incidental noise but there were a few glitches. The best bit was the noise reduction which artefacted and left the impression of a ghost vomiting in the back of the hall.

2 Likes

We gotta wait until K nar start a company and solve all this just to have it cloned by the primary model owners and crushed I guess.

1 Like