New fury - Rzewski's De Profundis + other recs

quite

i played this for rzewski back in october and recently played it on a recital again with some other works for theatrical pianist

Rzewski, De Profundis

the other recs:

Martin Bresnick, For the Sexes: the Gates of Paradise

Gao Ping, Prayer’s Mask

da Gao Ping is a beautiful piece. unfortunately da bresnick has a film that does along with it so you iz really only hearing about 50% of the perf only by listening.

also

once i get my rec of the barber concerto from last night’s concerto competition dat is getting posted

The link for the Bresnik doesn’t work yo.

it was uploading, try again

Damn, dude you’re a legend.

Btw, can you randomly repost that 2nd Liszt Sonata rec of yours? I loved that rec but totally lost it.

respect

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK THA PROFUNDIZ I VILL GIT THIZ IMMEDIATLY

i think the new one is on piano society but i’ll upload it anyway

hell yes :smiling_imp:

If it’s on pianosociety, don’t worry about. I forgot about that place.

REZPEC

im definitely gonna love this.

heh tru, same with da whitekeys…i randomly checked there after inquiring about da koji merkin concert and all da info and program is there

DAYUM its already the best rec of de profundis that i have. youre a legend. mazz rezpec.

indeed…possibly da dialogue and sound effects more convincing than rzewski himself 8)

AHAHAHAHHA DAIM

i know thiz vil be wikid but i iz hammrd righ now zo i vil git htiz tommorow!

repzec yozelf :whale:

tru

agreed. i nearly pissed myself from laughter during that part with the keyboard lid closed.

Rzewski himself would be proud of that performance (you should send it to him!)–Bravo, dude.

koji

Wow I’ve never heard this before, I nearly died. Awesome dude!

So intense!

I can’t wait to hear the Barber Concerto.

REEESSSPPPEEECC!

Had nevah really imagined enyone to play da profundis lyk da Rzewski himself. But you might just even be better!

-da Meph

daim dat rzewski is just plain wikid. Rezpec