Opinions on this program?

Faure-Attwood………Les berceaux, Op. 23, #1

Schumann……………Faschingsschwank aus Wien, Op. 26

Liszt………………………….Two Legends:
St. Francis of Assisi Preaching to the Birds
St. Francis of Paolo Walking on the Waves

Bortkiewicz…………………Etude, Op. 10 #4
Etude, Op. 29 #5, “Le poète†(pour la main gauche)
Prelude, Op. 40 #6, 7
Elegy, Op. 46
Etude, Op. 29 #3, “La Bruneâ€

Brahms-Dohnanyi-Attwood…Piano Quartet in G minor, Op. 25, Rondo alla Zingarese

I wanted to fit in a couple Chop-God ets, but couldn’t figure out where…

koji

I like. :ho:

if you’re sticking in the Godowsky, I’d put it like this:

Schumann
Faure
Chop-God

dayum you’re playing some Chop-God’s?

which ones?

I agree with the rest- the Chop-Gods should end the 1st half if you decide to squeeze them in

I’ve been dabbling with Ignis Fatuus and the Winterwind; the end of the 1st half is also the only place I could come up with placing them, but would just seem strange after the Schumann, perhaps? I dunno.

koji

I am not familliar with Brahms-Dohnanyi-Attwood…Piano Quartet in G minor, Op. 25, Rondo alla Zingarese.

But these Godowsky etudes would make a good ending to the program. Unless the Brahms piano quartet is an all fury piece it self. To much fury might be too muc, even for dasdc :blush:

The two Chop-Gods you mentioned might be the most difficult of the set. Rezpec if you can pull them off :lib: :doc: :whale: :stop: Even da :doc: sais dat the winter-wind is almost impossible.

I don’t know much about programming but I do think it seems strange to follow the schumann with chop-gods, not to mention the fact that you might be knackered if you blaze white-hot in the schumann. BUT I would love to hear a recording of those etudes, so I’m torn.

I would play only chop-god winterwind as 2nd encore after normal chopet winterwind. 8)

da easiest way to gauge advice pozz if you juz send me recs of you playing all of this sheeyat :slight_smile:

I would suggest opening with the Schumann (it is a wonderful opener), following with the Fauré-Attwood, and concluding with the Chopin-Godowskys.

Don’t suppose you’d be up for playing the originals alongside the CGs? It’d only add a couple of minutes onto the program, after all… 8)

even though it might be a bad idea, i would have the Schumann to open, and then play the Liszt, since i think from the ending of the Schumann op.26 to the Liszt legend no.1 is a pretty smooth transition.

Then open the 2nd half with Bort to warmup the audience’s ears for some more adventurous programme. Follow with Faure/Attwood, brahms/dohannyi/attwood (can i say ‘DAIMMMMM’?), end with Chopin godowsky.

problem i see with programming the chopgods after the schumann is that both are pretty dense styles. i know here we like to hear maximum unleashing, but that doesn’t always make for the most balanced program.

the godowsky can go for encore maybe?

I think that’s probably going to be what I end up doing (if the audience wishes for more torture). Thanks for all the suggestions.

koji

I’ve altered the program somewhat due to a recent Medtner obsession:

Faure-Attwood………Les berceaux, Op. 23, #1

Schumann……………Faschingsschwank aus Wien, Op. 26

Liszt………………………….Les Jeau d’eux ala Villa d’Este

Bortkiewicz…………………Etude, Op. 10 #4, Etude, Op. 29 #5, “Le poète†(pour la main gauche), Prelude, Op. 40 #6, 7, Elegy, Op. 46. Etude, Op. 29 #3, “La Bruneâ€

Medtner…Sonata Tragica, Op. 39 #5

…and for an encore da Bach-Kat “Badinerie” :ziff:

koji

HAHAHAHAH REZPEC

i noe da gensui donanyah tranz ov da clazzic brahzm fury, wut changez do u make to juztify hafin yo name in da authah? :ho: :wood:

The usual–s*ngle notes to octaves and double notes; and for some strange reason he disregards the original Brahms cadenza-like passage and goes straight to the coda, which I don’t care for, so that would have to be re-written.

koji

Finally u iz playing Medtner :doc: :whale: :rock: :ho:

I know; it’s about friggin’ time.

koji

ahahahahahhaha DAIM

Now THIS is gonna be something special.

Up next - Night-Wind :smiley: