perfect pitch

ic

That’s fuckin funny

-I’m talking specifically about da case where neither has seen da piece ever before! (through subvocalisation being able to understand the context 'cause you can read ahead and hear what’s coming up).
If you don’t understand the passage properly you play it slower which in most cases makes it even harder to understand.
If you hear it in your head just by looking at it, it’s like you already know the piece and then I agree, there’s no difference between someone with-or without pp.

-So where does it differ from what I said?
Pp on its own, without having an awareness of where da keys are on your keyboard, isn’t sufficiant

dis iz m*sicality considerationz
:unamused: from da lib…

8)

hahahahahha

You can hear passages in your head without having da pp. Refer to my earlier post of about da relative pitch. Da pp helps with many things, but I doubt dat sight reading iz one of dem.

I agree with what da zepp said. The fastest way ta sightread iz to eliminate all excess brain processes, so dat that da brain simply actz az a conduit for da note information to be sent to da fingaz. Da note and rhythm recognition of da great sightreaders iz so strong dat it requires no thought to automatically play da right note once it iz read. Whether or not dey “heard” da notes beforehand doesn’t even matter.

8)

concured, obviously

8)

xtc exta no…fucko…there’s something contradicto about yar fuckin posto…

On the one hand you say, by all means use rp(which is indirect as fuck compared to pp where you read music like you read poetry), on the other hand you say the fastest way to sightread is to eliminate all excess brain processes.And the most direct way of course is sightreading a piece you already know, or having pp…

Compare it with 2 people who can both read but one is foreign and the other native. Da foreign one can read it, be it slower, and with a lot of interpretation, emphasis errors…

hahahahaha learn how ta read fuckah. I do not contradict. 8)

I neva said ta use relative pitch or anything else when sightreading, I simply said dat you can hear muzic without having pp. Nothing matterz except instinct when it cumz ta sightreading. PP won’t help you sightread cuz no matter what you “hear” you still have ta execute da sheeyat.

Relative pitch iz indirect? Datz ignorant. How do you think singaz sight read muzic? I know plenty of singaz dat can sight read complex sheeyat n don’t have pp. The only difference between someone wif PP and someone wif highly developed RP iz dat da perzon wiff RP needz a reference (usually jus one note will do).

hahaha, CUNT

u finally haff a RESPECABLE avatar

благодарю вас

yep a true artist, here’s da selfportrait,
striking resemblance…
scream.jpg

So you’re saying someone who doesn’t have pp can execute a piece without having ever heard it, at the the proper speed, and proper phrasing etc?

True I can understand it when it comes down to singing(note for note) that someone with rp can, with a reference note, sing along. Difference however with singing and the piano, is that the voice is restricted to what is physically possible(speed, range, number of notes at a time) this makes it easier to sightread, I doubt if you’d need to hear it in your head because you’d have ample time to be able to, using rp(highly developed it still happens, be it at a quicker pace), determine what the note next is going to sound like.
The piano however is slightly more complex, not just the speed, and the range, and the number of notes at a time, but can also be contrapunctal etc. That’s why mental speed is especially important when it comes to understanding it, to be able to play right first time.

A picture tells a thousand words, because it’s direct and spontaneous, instantly recognisable, so you can loose da blabla, besides interpretation, everbody’s got a clear view what’s meant.
Same with pp, reading ahead and hearing it directly(without blabla perfect fifth, fourth etc) before it’s played tells you which way the piece is going.
That’s why you can then play it as if you’ve heard it before.

Again I’m not saying every pp-er is a good sightreader. I’m saying the best sightreader/or even a good sightreader with pp is better than the best sightreader without.

Unless of course it’s a piece they both know, then I agree, it makes fuck all difference

Do u think dat someone wiff pp can?

Good sightreaders are alwayz processing info a measure or two, sometimes several, ahead of what dey are playing. I jus don’t see what pp has to do wiff it. If u r reading ahead, you’re gonna know where da piece iz going whether you haff pp or not.

Plus, I don’t think pp workz both wayz, at least not all da time. I had a friend in college who had pp and could name any pitch u played wiff perfect accurazy, and could usually play back things on da piano after hearing dem once. However, she could not look at a note on a page and automatically “hear” dat note. She sayz she recognizez notez by da “color” dey produce, but her mind doezn’t generate dat color jus by seeing da notes on a page. In her case, she iz no diff’rent dan anyone else when it comez to sightreading a piece for da first time. I don’t know if dis tru of all peeps wiff pp or not though. Maybe otherz r diff’rent.

HAHAHAHAHA DIZ CONVO IZ GENSUI

IM NOT EVEN READIN IT!

ic 8)

or do ic? 8)

It’s understanding it.
It’s different seeing that there’s a note C coming up and preparing to move your fingers there, or seeing theres a C coming up and having the knowledge of how it’s going to sound.

See that’s where we differ.

You and zepp see sightreading as something as basic as typing(blindly), I see it more as reading poetry(a piece you’ve never heard before) out loud, reading ahead and subvocalising in thought, understanding the aliterations, intonations etc and being able to put the emphasis on the right words/parts. To do this, first of all you’d have to have a lot of interest and knowledge already in poetry(mastery over the keyboard), but second of all it would have to be in your native tongue, in order to understand the piece and know how the words sound(pp person who’s trained himself in aural recall, or a rp p who has played the piece before).

True what you say that there are different degreez of pp, but you can only reach higher levels once you have pp.
Like there are varying degreez of hearing, coz some have practised and have a deeper perception.

datz exactly wut i said in ma first post: sightreading ability az judged by ‘speed n accuracy’. n da kmart alzo unleashed a one sentence reply dat clarified diz fo u. n to use yo randomly GHEY metaphor of da peotry reading, we iz only lookin at how fast u can read dat sheeeyat. we dun give a FUCK if u put da rite accentz on da rite wordz 8)

da zepp 8)

он задерживаться ?

I thought I’d explained it in a way that a Child wit Down Syndrome could understand, but just for Zepp I’ll try and explain it in a way that even you can understand. Although it’s not a as accurate .

If you can type blindly, things that make sense you can type quicker than things that don’t. Say you’ve got a sheet of paper you have to type, one with basic words and sentences and another with nonsensical random letters. Let’s say both have the same amount of letters and are say 2 a4 pages full of shit.

I bet you’d be able to do the one that made sense quicker and more accurate than the one that didn’t. Cause it’s not just knowing where the letters are but also your brain has to make sense of it, and then you look at whole sentences(phrasing) and words instead of individual letters.

So,

поешьте моего говна!

read yo sheeeyat again. u managed to randomly concur wit moi u dumb cunt.

da missing link to help u undahstand yo own sheeeyat: u assume pattern recognition/memorization for written music can only be done aurally 8)

hahaha, hilariouzly, i am european