Pianists with the Best Trills?

Yes, and they also must be “organic” (integrated and well-balanced) & musical, like Arrau’s from 25:37

Annie Fischer:

1 Like

Yes precisely, I remember Schiff did this really well too. What you want out of a trill depends entirely on the musical context. When you want them to really stand out however I agree with fattyfatman that no one has done them like Sokolov and Michelangeli.

1 Like

Without rewatching the video, I remember her doing 1324 trills here? I could never manage to these to sound good.

Neither could I, and I really tried. But hers are wonderful, and they look effortless.

ABM was working a lot with changing fingers in one long trill, too.
I’ve never felt comfortable doing that.
In the end, when analyzing the exact way of execution, the ways to play a trill fast and even are quite personal & enigmatic. You can work a long time to improve the ability and ease, but in the end part of is inborn, I’m convinced of that.
For example as long as I can remember, my left hand trills feel & sound more easy than my r.h. ones.

+1 for da Sock
However I’ll add zecchi in da dmaj zcarlatti zon. I think da pianopear uploaded it.

Worf, he had both Jadzia and Ezri Dax.

1 Like

2 Likes

Actually when I saw Sokolov live I was particularly stunned by his amazing trills. Has he recorded Scriabin’s 10th piano sonata?

Same here, da 111 trillz were out of diz world

da BZ zcholah GURU TRILL TECH cummah!!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Da zpeedy zcholah :sleepy:

HAHAHAHA da ZCHOLAH oct trill fingahrin!!!

zumwut innovative? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not recorded, but he played it in 06/07.

ZzzzZZZzz

1 Like

definitely mickey, sokolov