I just made this. Obviously, the samples will be shorter than the other challenges, otherwise it would be too easy. They range from 0:12 to 1:15.
There are 25. Some might be easy, others pretty damn hard. I’ll edit this post with the correct answers.
I even did some gensui fade in/fade out with audacity
Begin, u fuckahz
- PJ Harvey - One line [iamcanadian]
- Broken Social Scene - Cause=Time [iamcanadian]
21.The Veils - Vicious Traditions [iamcanadian]
hahahaha I’ve juzt realized we have a rock/pop forum
what the hell is number 2?
PS hehehe no one will know these.
unless this is somehow really pop music (which i don’t know at all)
Hahaha, most of these are actually pretty well known, and/or have been talked about/posted in this forum.
If you guys need 'em, I’ll post hints.
Btw, about #2. At least 2 albums by this band have been posted here, maybe even 3. The song IS on one of those.
2 sounds Dream Theater-ish
9 pozz PJ Harvey
18 broken social scene
21 The Veils
hahaha dayum not dream theatah at all. Although this band’s singer alzo has a weird voice
but da othah 3 are all correct!
i vil try diz game… firzt my sheeyat internetz muz DL this file
Answers plz. I’m most likely gonna be adding some of this stuff to my collection, but I need to know what it is first
Haha no prob.
Maybe dis wuz too hard foh da sdc, I’ll try to make an easier one soon
Btw if u guyz want me to post complete songz/albumz, just tell me n I’ll up them.
- Patrick Watson - The Storm (from Close to paradise)
- Smashing Pumpkins - Jellybelly (from Mellon Collie)
- Arcade Fire - Vampire/Forest Fire (from the Arcade Fire EP)
- Can - Thief (from Delay 1968)
- DJ Shadow - Stem/long stem (from Endtroducing)
- Placebo - You don’t care about us (from Without You I’m Nothing)
- The Sound of Animals Fighting - Act II : all is ash or the light shining through it (from Tiger and the Duke)
- My Morning Jacket - Dondante (from Z)
- PJ Harvey - One line (from Stories from the city, stories from the sea)
- R.E.M. - E-bow the letter (from New Adventures in Hi-Fi)
- Yello - To the sea (from Pocket Universe)
- Sufjan Stevens - The Seer’s tower (from Illinois)
- 65daysofstatic - These things you can’t unlearn (from The Destruction of Small Ideas)
- Dinosaur Jr. - Tarpit (from You’re living all over me)
- Air - Talisman (from Moon Safari)
- The Flaming Lips - Pompeii am Götterdämmerung (from At War with the Mystics)
- Radiohead - Where bluebirds fly (from the Com Lag EP and the There There single)
- Broken Social Scene - Cause=time (from You Forgot it in people)
- Pixies - River Euphrates (from Surfer Rosa)
- NIN - 28 Ghosts IV (from Ghosts I-IV)
- The Veils - Vicious Traditions (from The Runaway Found)
- UNKLE - Bloodstain (from Psyence Fiction)
- Silver Mt. Zion - 13 Angels standing guard 'round the side of your bed (from He has left us alone, but shafts of lights sometimes grace the corner of our rooms)
- Cinematic Orchestra - Flite (from Every Day)
- Paul McCartney - How kind of you (from Chaos and creation in the backyard)
SHIT i can’t believe i missed R.E.M., Smashing Pumpkins, Sufjan Stevens, Radiohead, NIN, and a Silver Mt. Zion
I went through hardcore phases of each one of those groups at some point in my life.
Yeah, there are at least 10 there that I should know. I guess those short samples just aren’t enough for me.
haha tru I’ll try to make a new one with less samples that are a bit longer.
The thing is I can’t really include parts with vocals usually, unless the band/artist is not very well known; like on the Smashing Pumpkins track, right after the sample I used, Corgan comes in and you know it’s him instantly ('cause of that fucked up voice of his )