Schubert vs Schumann Fantasies

• Wanderer Fantasy
  • Fantasie Op.17

0 voters

I went with da ZHOE but da Zchubert Fantazy haz to be one of the best clazzical-romantick tranzitional zheeyat

1 Like

Even when played in anti-Wim style at full speed I’ve never had much patience to listen to this piece…

1 Like

The Wanderer? Or the Shoe?

Wanderer (system error? I added the dachoo quote but tiz not visible)

2 Likes

The site auto-removes a full post quote if it comes from the post immediately above. @k-nar :japanese_goblin:

The Wanderer has never been very high up on my list either. Beethovinian writing… I like Schubert best when melody and lyricism are the centerpiece.

4 Likes

Both amazing piecez in C maj

Along wiz da :nigga: waldo diz make a wikid C maj trilogy , & pozz da 2/3 fo quadrilogy

& pozzibly add da VORIZEK C maj fant fo a 5zome

da allegro cummah at 8 27, wikid clazzical agitato writin

1 Like

I’d take Schumann’s op. 12 Fantasiestücke before the Schubert too.

2 Likes

Op.12 is an underrated masterpiece

3 Likes

The middle part is very lyrical but the ending fugue and the opening are the probably the least Schubert-like in all of Schubert

2 Likes
4 Likes

I am also a big fan of Schubert’s 4 hand fantasy

4 Likes

Tru I had a 4 hand fantazy alzo, but it didn’t include a dude named Emil :dong:

3 Likes

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

And the violin fantasy love3

2 Likes

Not gonna ztart a poll but do u all think dat da Zhoe op17 iz generally cunzidahd hiz greatezt 88 work?

1 Like

Stiff cumpetition with opusez 13 & 16…

4 Likes

Da Poll within da Poll

Greatezt Zhoe Work

• op.17
  • not op.17

0 voters

He sure was on a roll there. All my favourite works of his - Davidsbündlertänze, Fantasiestücke, Symphonic Etudes, Kinderszenen, Kreisleriana, Fantasy - were written in 1837/38.

3 Likes

No damn the SEs are from 1834.

Well what you can at least say is that the vast majority of what is regularly played by him were composed across only a 5 year period. Compare that to 18 or so for Chopin, and 45-50 for Liszt a little depending on how you count.