Haha, dis fuckah iz quite good. He haz dis fuckin inzane project of doing a concept album foh each of da 50 american statez.
dis iz da second album foh dis project, 1zt wuz Michigan. I’ll post it latah.
By da way, da guy playz nearly all da fuckin inztrumentz, a bit gensui tru. From da album info : "Sufjan Stevens plays the following instruments: acoustic guitar, piano, wurlitzer, electric bass, drum kit, electric guitar, oboe, Miriam’s alto saxophone, Summin’s flute, Daniel’s banjo and/or Matt’s banjo (depending on which one was in tune), Shara’s glockenspiel, Laura’s rickety accordion, a rented vibraphone, various recorders, a Casiotone MT-70, sleigh bells, shakers, tambourine, triangle, and a Baldwin electric church organ. [n he singz, of courze]
n respec da inzane girth of hiz song titlez tru
- Concerning the UFO sighting near Highland, Illinois
- The black hawk war, or, How to demolish an entire civilization and still feel good about yourself in the morning, or, We apologize for the inconvenience but you’re going to have to leave now, or, “I have fought the big knives and will continue to fight them until they are of our lands!”
- Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
part I : The world’s columbian exposition
part II : Carl Sandburg visits me in a dream
- John Wayne Gacy Jr.
- A short reprise for Mary Todd, who went insane, but for very good reasons
- Decatur, or, Round of applause for your stepmother!
- One last “Whoo-hoo!” for the Pullman
- Casimir Pulaski day
- To the workers of the Rock River valley region, I have an idea concerning your predicament
- The man of Metropolis steals our hearts
- Prairie fire that wanders about
- A conjunction of drones simulating the way in which Sufjan Stevens has an existential crisis in the Great Godfrey maze
- The predatory wasp of the palisades is out to get us!
- They are night zombies!! They are neighbors!! They have come back from the dead!! Ahhhhh!
- Let’s hear that string part again, because I don’t think they heard it all the way out in Bushnell
- In this temple as in the hearts of man for whom he saved the earth
- The seer’s tower
- The tallest man, the broadest shoulders
part I: The great frontier
part II: Come to me only with playthings now
- Riffs and variations on a single note for Jelly Roll, Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Baby Dodds, and the King of Swing, to name a few
- Out of egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I shake the dirt from my sandals as I run